Please provide feedback on my food diary?

Options
rh091
rh091 Posts: 100 Member
Hello - I am just looking for some constructive feedback on my food diary (which is open to public) - the food I am eating as well as my macros and calorie goals. I am 22 years old, 5'5" and currently weigh about 230 lbs. I am looking to lose 60-70 lbs more over the next year. I am a vegetarian so please keep this in mind, and I have a sensitive stomach to dairy so I don't drink cow's milk or eat much other fatty cheeses or dairy products - I do eat greek yogurt, cottage cheese and goat cheese. I also take a multivitamin that is designed for vegans, a probiotic, and a B12 supplement daily (I recently had a blood test and the B12 is the only thing I was low on, so as suggested by a doctor).

Thanks in advance, and feedback would be much appreciated :)

Replies

• healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    Looks pretty good to me although you might try to up your protein till you have enough each day. I noticed you had protein left over everyday.
    Do you like lentil soup?
  • Kevvboy
    Kevvboy Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hey rh091, good job getting going on being healthier. I dont see any exercise recorded there. If you arent doing any, can you find something you enjoy doing even with your back problem? Maybe just a nice brisk daily 30 minute walk. I find that it is really helpful (I ride a bike every day) to do a physical activity that burns calories and reinforces getting healthier as you lose weight. Good luck!
  • thejoshperson
    Options
    I advocate fro all your food choices, but you still have a lot of calories to eat to meet your goal :D sent a friend request! Best of luck.
  • rh091
    Options
    @healthygreek I find I have a hard time always meeting my protein goals within my calorie goal as a lot of vegetarian sources of protein are pretty high in calorie (i.e beans, legumes). I also want to avoid eating too much of higher protein food like the cottage cheese just to be getting the protein, its also expensive. Yes I really like lentils, I make a few recipes with lentils in them. Do you have any other protein suggestions?

@kevvboy I got off track over the holidays and am just getting back on track. I do have a goal to go to the gym 3 times a week (I have a membership). It's been hard the past week or so as I am a student and just starting a new semester and getting adjusted to my schedule, but I agree this is something I want to solidify in my routine. I'm also working with a personal trainer once every two weeks (he's working with me for free so not as often as someone with a hired personal trainer would see them).

@thejoshperson thanks for the request! I haven't finished logging for today and yesterday I was a bit under but I usually am pretty close to my 1600 a day goal :) I purposely don't eat back my exercise calories unless I am hungry so that I can create an extra deficit for the week as my goal is set at a 1.5 lb loss a week but with the amount of weight I have to lose it could be at 2 lbs/week but I find that 1600 cals/per day is when I feel the best.
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    Chickpeas/hummus
    Pumpkin seeds
    Soy milk
    Seitan
    Almonds
    Quinoa
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    You are on the right track. Some more ideas for protein: green peas, edamame, chick peas, black beans, nuts, hemp speeds, chia seeds, sunflower seeds, broccoli, spinach.
  • tanyatabone9
    tanyatabone9 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    And my favourite - protein powder, you can get pea protein or other plant based proteins. This is basically just protein if you get an unflavoured one, you can basically put it in anything and it increases your protein.
    I'm a vegetarian too, although I eat more dairy and egg than you as I don't have any sensitivities. I will shoot you through a friend request :smile:
  • rh091
    Options
    I have some vega protein powder, will try mixing it with my yogurt :)