Tasty Brown Rice

Options
maremare312
maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
I recently tried some short grain brown rice and it's sooo much better to me than long grain! If you haven't tried and don't really love long grain brown rice, give it a go!

I cooked 2 cups of it in my rice cooker but to change it up I added a couple sliced green onions, 2 teaspoons of Chicken Better Than Bouillon, and 2 Tablespoons of dried veggie soup mix. When it was done I added a little kosher salt to taste, a lot of black pepper, and about a teaspoon of butter. Delicious!

What do you like do add to rice to make it goo?

Replies

• lindainak
    lindainak Posts: 101
    Options
    Have you tried farro? It cooks faster than brown rice and tastes nutty. Buy it at your local health food store in the bins cause prepacked is very expensive.
  • knelson422
    knelson422 Posts: 308
    Options
    that sounds really good. thanks.
  • SarahJaneDeschamp
    SarahJaneDeschamp Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    i had never even heard of brown rice until i started this site and i agree its yummy i so prefer it to white rice x
  • SaraTonin
    SaraTonin Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    My preference:

- Water
    - Rice
    - Butter

Lol. I LOVE plain rice.
  • theladebug
    theladebug Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I love to stream the rice then add peas, carrots, broccoli, onions, a clove of minced garlic, shrimp and gluten free soy sauce along with a little ginger and black pepper then throw it all in a frying pan with just a bit of EVOO to make a delicious homemade fried rice.

Its one of the easiest and tastiest meals I've found since I went gluten free... really curbs the chinese craving since I cant eat most chinese food these days and you know exactly whats in it since you made it yourself :)
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Have you tried farro? It cooks faster than brown rice and tastes nutty. Buy it at your local health food store in the bins cause prepacked is very expensive.

I haven't tried that but I've seen it a lot on various gluten free blogs I read. Thanks for the recommendation!

The fried rice sounds good! I usually add some egg too, it kinda binds everything together and adds a little more protein.