wanting more as a mom of 4

I have 4 amazing kids who are 7, 6, 4 & 2. I'm exhausted! I weigh 50 pounds more than I did before I was pregnant. My body is soooo tired of lugging all this extra around. I want to be healthy for my kids. I'm hoping Someday their will be grandkids, I want as much time on earth with my family as possible. I want to be the best version of myself. For me I think that means taking care of my body and teaching my kids to do the same.

Replies

• MaiHud
    MaiHud Posts: 3 Member
    I can complete relate to that feeling. At one time I had a 6, 5, 2, and newborn lol. They are 16, 15, 11, and 9, and it's still important to me to model good health to them. I've found that time management was the biggest issue for me - just finding the time to cook healthy meals. Now that I'm a single mom it's even more important to me to manage my time. What's helped me is finding quick meals that I can make. Nowadays I do a lot of smoothies, burritos, salads, and one-pot meals. The smoothies are the real life saver. I can make 2-3 of those and they can be a quick snack/meal during the day. It definitely took some changes to how I saw food, and changes to how I shopped, but it's really starting to pay off :smile:
  • @MaiHud‌
    isn't it crazy when you are a mom how much of your time revolves around food? I've recently made a month long menu for my family to help us from eating out and to help with the grocery shopping so I KNOW there are healthy things to eat around the house.
  • mamanewland
    mamanewland Posts: 281 Member
    I'm in the same boat as you! 4 kids, busy busy mom, you can do it! I'm down almost 40 pounds in the past several months. I have a goal of another 30 to lose. We can do this! Add me as a friend if you want.