Crossfit

Options
i am now starting crossfit! But what I realized is there is not a way to log it on here. I am wanting to know how much on average I would burn during these work outs! Any ideas or knowledge on how to log it- fairly new to this stuff!
- Thank you :)

Replies

• PittyPine
    PittyPine Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I don't know but I would say close to 600 you will get strong fast with this program. If it turns out to be too hard go to crossfire lite or a general foundation program with kettle bells. You will see results fast
  • zipa78
    zipa78 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Circuit training and/or weight lifting is probably as close as it gets. It's all just a guess anyway, so just take your pick.
  • SusanUW83
    SusanUW83 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    If you want more than an estimate, try using a HRM to log your calories. And don't forget to adjust your weight in the HRM's profile as you lose weight.
  • TavMichelle
    TavMichelle Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank yall ;)
  • Eler0
    Eler0 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Using a Garmin HRM to measure I usually get about 800cal per training hour in cf. Hope ir helps
  • suejake11
    suejake11 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I am also a crossfitter. Was wondering the same thing. Any feedback is appreciated.
  • ttcbelieve
    ttcbelieve Posts: 181 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    This is my personal opinion, i do not know if it is right or wrong,.

In my opinion you cannot use any equivalent to log your crossfit. There will be a 50/50 chance it may be right or wrong and this is because you get a WOD each day and each WOD will burn different amount of calories. The WOD (this link gives an idea of how different the WOD's can be http://www.woddrive.com/list-of-wods.html) You can burn 300 today, 600 tomorrow WOD etc.

In my opinion, your best bet if you want something more realistic will be to get a heart rate monitor as the others have suggested and get an idea of what you burn for each WOD. You only have to do it once for that WOD and you can use it as a bench mark the next time you do that exact same WOD and either increas or decrease based on if you scale up or down.

Goodluck, crossfit is fun