Any Fast Easy Breakfast Idea's?

Options
I need quick and easy. I need something for breakfast that I can make at work when I get here. We have a microwave. It is hard for me to eat at home with trying to get kids ready for school and out the door so I am not late for work. Do you have any quick easy filling breakfast idea's? I am newly diagnosed Type 2 diabetic and I am waiting for a call to the diabetic clinic, I just don't know how long that will take and would like to get a jump start maybe. Also I cannot do protein shakes as I have an allergy to something in them. I have tried alot and same reaction happens. Thank you for reading.

Replies

• gghost571
    gghost571 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    r use a nutribullet in the morning with spinach blueberries yogurt walnutsMSM cocoa unsweetened and protein powder which you'll have to leave out it's very quick very easy to clean up afterwards I forgot chia seeds and almonds and water you can mix these to your liking. Mine is about 650cal. I used to eat very poorly the nutribullet has really made a huge difference for me:)
  • Sugarbeat
    Sugarbeat Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I mostly make eggs at home and reheat them in the micro at work. You can do the same with bacon. Sometimes I reheat both and put it on toast to make a breakfast sandwich. You can also buy some of those frozen breakfast sandwiches or bowls if you're really pressed for time and don't mind the cost (but keep an eye on sodium). Aldi's has some cheap ones that are decent. Add a yogurt or fruit if you can. As a fellow diabetic, I recommend maybe trying oatmeal, but if you're like me, you'll be ravenous in an hour. And it jacks up my blood sugar. You may want to try bloodsugar101.com. They have some good ideas on finding foods that don't aggravate diabetes.
  • floridamatty
    floridamatty Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I sometimes have egg whites with one whole egg, with a little (I mean a very little ) shredded cheese in it. just put them in a container and take with you. When you get to work shake the tub to mix the eggs and pop in the microwave, eat it like that or put it in a wheat or ezeikle tortilla with a little hot sauce and you have a breakfast burrito
  • floridamatty
    floridamatty Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    gghost571 wrote: »
    r use a nutribullet in the morning with spinach blueberries yogurt walnutsMSM cocoa unsweetened and protein powder which you'll have to leave out it's very quick very easy to clean up afterwards I forgot chia seeds and almonds and water you can mix these to your liking. Mine is about 650cal. I used to eat very poorly the nutribullet has really made a huge difference for me:)

I have a nutribullet, I think everyone should have one of these.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    A big pot of oatmeal or overnight crock pot oatmeal is great. The kids also get a warm belly full to start the day. I just make it plain so everyone can simply add in their favorites - maple syrup, berries, nuts or nut butter, ect. If I have some extra time I like to put a fried egg and a sprinkle of cheese on it. If you don't have time to eat, pack it up and a quick reheat when you get to work. This also works with quinoa and ancient grains hot cereals.
  • elephantlovex
    Options
    You could make a batch of healthy muffins and freeze them, then microwave them at work and have some fruit on the side :) Oatmeal is also a really good option, just throw your oats and all your toppings (dried cranberries, pumpkin seeds, and raw sugar is my favorite combo) in a tupperware container, then add hot water when you get to work. Smoothies are also a really good option! You could just stick to fruit/spinach, and maybe add some greek yogurt for the protein? Oh, and I love doing vanilla greek yogurt with strawberries and granola for part of my breakfast (really easy to throw frozen strawberries/greek yogurt in the container and stick in the fridge overnight to thaw).
  • Bellodesiderare
    Bellodesiderare Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I eat breakfast at work too!! These are my go-to options:

BREAKFAST:

*Pair a carb w/ a protein (any combination)

CARBS:

¼ c. oatmeal
    ¼ c. cream of wheat
    1 piece of toast
    1 mini whole-wheat bagel
    1/2 banana or small piece of fruit
    2 c. grapes
    1 slice ezekeal bread (Trust me, you want to toast this!)
    1 whole wheat waffle or pancake

PROTEINS:

1 egg + 2 egg whites
    6 tbsp. egg beaters
    2 slices turkey bacon
    4 oz. turkey sausage
    1 boiled egg w/ 1 boiled white
    Any type of omelet w/ veggies (made from egg whites & lean deli ham or turkey)
    2 slices of Canadian bacon

-OR-

1 serving Kashi cereal (protein) with 1 cup of skim or almond milk (I really love the vanilla almond milk).

-OR-
    1 whole wheat English muffin sandwich (egg white, 2% cheese, & one of the lean meats listed above)
  • back2happy2005
    back2happy2005 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I make an egg bake over the weekend and cut into pieces. I freeze half of them for the end of the week. I buy a carton of egg whites and whip in 1/2 C cottage cheese then you can add almost anything (cheese, veggies, meat) pour into a baking dish and bake on 375* for about 30 - 45 min. The last ones I made I added shredded cheddar, baby leaf spinach and cut up ham slices. it came out to around 100 cal for one piece.
  • tammycolbert
    tammycolbert Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    These are amazing idea's. Thank you all so much. I truly appreciate it.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    try the Spark recipe for Low fat Banana muffins---delicious only 80 calories each.
  • sarajames123
    sarajames123 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Jimmy Dean breakfast bowls or sandwiches.
  • CarolPre
    CarolPre Posts: 1,848 Member
    Options
    On Sunday, I hard-boil eggs for the whole week for breakfast and then eat one each morning. Fast easy and not real messy.
  • berickson64
    berickson64 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have 4 daughters and they never get ready for school in tome to eat breakfast. These breakfast cookies are a snap to make the night before and hit the spot. they are also gluten free.

YIELD
    8 COOKIESPREP TIME
    10 MINUTESCOOK TIME
    12 MINUTES
    Ingredients:

1 cup mashed ripe banana (2 large)
    2 cups rolled oats (use certified gluten-free if necessary)
    3 tablespoons ground flax seed
    1 teaspoon cinnamon
    1/8 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
    8 teaspoons jam
    Peanut butter (or almond or sunflower seed butter), for serving (optional)
    Directions:
    Preheat oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
    In a food processor, add the oats and pulse until a coarse meal forms (see picture in blog post).
    In a large bowl, mash the banana. Stir in the rest of the ingredients, except the jam and nut butter. The mixture will be very wet and dense.
    With a retractable ice cream scoop or a spoon, scoop the dough into 8 mounds. The cookies do not need to be spaced far apart on the baking sheet as they don't spread out. Press your thumb (or small spoon) into the centre of each cookie to create a well. Fill each well with 1 heaping teaspoon of jam.
    Bake cookies at 350F for 11-13 minutes, until the cookies are slightly firm, but soft and doughy in the middle. Transfer cookies to a cooling rack for 10 minutes or so.
    If desired, serve cookies with your favourite nut or seed butter. They also taste great with a pat of coconut oil or vegan butter!
    Note: To make the cookies nut-free, omit the peanut butter or swap it with sunflower seed butter instead. 2) For those allergic to banana, you might be able to sub it with applesauce (and you might need a couple tbsp of granulated sugar to make up for the sweetness of the banana). I haven't tried this yet, but I will update this recipe if I do!

This recipe is from ohsheglows.com