Plateau's

Options
Any Ideas on how to get out of a plateau? It's almost like my body is rejecting to lose anymore even though it really really needs it...

Replies

• evarga12
    evarga12 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Depends how much Calories you are taking in & if you are being consistent. It could be that your calories are on the real low side or you are eating at maintnence. When I see my weight is stable for 1 and half or so, I will bring my carb, protein & fat down by 5 grams each and see how my body reacts.
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    Details?

How long have you been at the same weight?
    How much have you lost previously, and over what time frame?
    What is your current weight/height?
    What deficit do you aim for?
    How many calories do you consume per day, and do you use a food scale for EVERYTHING solid?
    Do you log it all, everyday?
    How do you estimate your calorie burn?
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Most likely, you'll need to take a look at your logging to see where you're going wrong, which would mean answering a lot of the questions Staci asked
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    Your body can't reject weight loss. Our bodies are like buckets with holes in them. We are constantly losing, so to stay a constant weight we have to eat enough to make up for it.
  • nadiha
    nadiha Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    i realize that it can't reject it, but it's the best way I can describe it. I started in 03/2013 and lost almost 40 lbs til 09/2013. I have been, more or less, fluctuating 5lbs, but cannot get past that amount. I need to lose about 30 more. my daily eating habits are the same: 1 cup coffee and oatmeal packet for breakfast, half soup/ sandwich for lunch. Dinner varies, but not too late. I exercise 6 days a week, mostly cardio and some strengthening.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    What are your stats (age/height/weight/goal weight)? And can you open your diary?