Best vegan, soy-free protein powders?

Options
Currently I'm using the Trader Joe's vanilla soy protein which is okay, but I'm trying to get rid of most of the soy in my diet. Can anyone recommend me some good tasting vegan protein? :)

Replies

• sheltol
    sheltol Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Check out sunwarrior and raw protein by garden of life. I believe they both have something that will fit your needs.
  • CraigShift
    CraigShift Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I use orgain plant protein from costco creamy chocolate fudge
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    I'm using Amazing Meal right now, it's a combo of hemp, quinoa, brown rice protein. It's kind of gritty. After I finish this I am planning on going back to unsweetened vanilla soy powder from Earth Fare.
  • elephantlovex
    Options
    Thanks guys, I'll definitely check them out :)
  • GoodLuckTina
    GoodLuckTina Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I just started on Arbonne protein powder. Delicious. Chocolate and vanilla are both really good, but vanilla is my fave. They can send you samples too.
  • luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    Options
    Nitribiotic organic rice protein. It has great amino acids for a vegan protein. I like the vanilla flavor and add berries, spinach, coconut water and plain Greek yogurt. You could use almond milk instead of the yogurt.
  • TraePalmer
    TraePalmer Posts: 16 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I'm a fan of Vega Sport and Vega One. Vega One tastes delicious, has 15 g of protein, and works amazingly well as a base for smoothies, and I find myself using that one early in the morning, usually with breakfast. Vega Sport tastes more like a regular protein shake (i e, okay, but not delicious) but has 25 g of protein, and I like to drink that post-workout.

For Vega One, the French Vanilla flavor is the best if you're going to make a smoothie with it, otherwise, if I'm just going to be mixing it with a plant milk in a shaker, I like the Vanilla Chai flavor. Supposedly they've just released a mocha flavor, as well, and I'm dying to try that one next ! :wink:

For Vega Sport, Chocolate is my favorite, followed by Vanilla.

I've also had Sun Warrior and Garden of Life, and they're also great options. I'd recommend trying a few different brands and flavors to see if you can find one that you like the taste of that's also not too 'gritty' tasting to you: with plant-based protein powders that don't use soy, they can still contain some fiber ('cause they're made from plants, after all), and some folks find that it tastes a bit odd or chalky at first. With trial and error, though, it's pretty easy to find a tasty vegan, soy-free powder these days :smile:
  • shemama1
    shemama1 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I am using Isalean by Isagenix. It's great. All whey protein. No soy. Low sugar.
  • LaarainNYC
    LaarainNYC Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    shemama1 wrote: »
    I am using Isalean by Isagenix. It's great. All whey protein. No soy. Low sugar.

Whey protein isn't vegan btw. Another vote for Vega.
  • FishyK
    FishyK Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Has Vega changed its formula? I tried it a few years ago and it was nasty tasting for me, anyway.
  • Shawnee73
    Shawnee73 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    TraePalmer wrote: »
    I'm a fan of Vega Sport and Vega One. Vega One tastes delicious, has 15 g of protein, and works amazingly well as a base for smoothies, and I find myself using that one early in the morning, usually with breakfast. Vega Sport tastes more like a regular protein shake (i e, okay, but not delicious) but has 25 g of protein, and I like to drink that post-workout.

For Vega One, the French Vanilla flavor is the best if you're going to make a smoothie with it, otherwise, if I'm just going to be mixing it with a plant milk in a shaker, I like the Vanilla Chai flavor. Supposedly they've just released a mocha flavor, as well, and I'm dying to try that one next ! :wink:

For Vega Sport, Chocolate is my favorite, followed by Vanilla.

I've also had Sun Warrior and Garden of Life, and they're also great options. I'd recommend trying a few different brands and flavors to see if you can find one that you like the taste of that's also not too 'gritty' tasting to you: with plant-based protein powders that don't use soy, they can still contain some fiber ('cause they're made from plants, after all), and some folks find that it tastes a bit odd or chalky at first. With trial and error, though, it's pretty easy to find a tasty vegan, soy-free powder these days :smile:

I second all of that. It's the one that I use too. I love the chai for breakfast!