Zero / Super low calorie snacks?

Options
I'm an emotional eater. I won't even be hungry and I'll cook then eat a whole bag of tater tots. I just like to snack. What can I snack on that won't pack on the pounds?? Oh and I hate celery. ;)

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    There are no zero calorie foods. Even things like dill pickles, which say they are 0 calories per serve have calories - the FDA lets them round down to 0 if they have less than 5 cals a serve, so they set the serving size to half a pickle and list it as 0.

Having said that, carrot/cucumber sticks and low fat tzatziki is a good snack for mindless crunching on. A big bowl of salad, some people swar by kale chips....
  • thevioletsmith
    Options
    I can handle 10 calories. But carrots are a good idea too. Thx.
  • TheScottishNocturnalBear
    Options
    eat a can of tuna, its like 100cal but the protein will stack you full
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Low calorie healthy snack: roast some mushroom and sprinkle with salt. Better than (well, almost) potato chips.
  • desika8787
    desika8787 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Tuna with cucumber... :) this is what I do when I feel about falling into snacking :smiley:
  • mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    If you like tater tots then why not roast cauliflower florets with some seasoning?
  • jsyersiii
    jsyersiii Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I love tomatoes, so I cut up a roma tomato and season it with salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, and garlic.
  • cincysweetheart
    cincysweetheart Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Raw green peppers cut into strips (100 g for 20 calories). Hard boiled eggs. One egg is about 70 calories… but good protein to keep you feeling full. I can make a meal-sized salad with mixed greens, grilled chicken, strawberries, and salad dressing for about 200 calories. The protein in the chicken keeps me satisfied for awhile.
  • Sophiareed218
    Sophiareed218 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Low fat popcorn, broth based soups, hard boiled egg, sugar free jello, any fruit, string cheese. But seriously, work on finding something else to comfort you besides food. Warm bath? Phone a friend? Cuddle with a pet?
  • ab3381
    ab3381 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Try roasting veggies! Radishes, carrots, Brussel sprouts, cauliflower. It makes them slightly sweet and delish! Toss in a small amount of olive oil and bake at 350 until brown or with kale until it's crispy. Good luck!
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    Aim for snacks with protein/fat/fibre to help keep you satiated.

e.g. Greek yoghurt and berries, apple with peanut butter, cheese sticks and veggies.
  • velveteenalice
    velveteenalice Posts: 2 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Seaweed is super-healthy, about 10-20 cals a serving, salty, and crunchy (i eat usually out of boredom so i find it works really well for me)