anyone had cosmetic surgery??

Options
dawnemjh
dawnemjh Posts: 1,465 Member
I have lost over 120 pounds and have kept if off for over 10 years. I have a good amount of excess skin on my belly, (like those people that have the gastric bypass surgery) and the only way to get rid of it is surgery. I am going in to surgery on Monday for a abdominoplasty!!! (tummy tuck). Nervous, but excited to finally get rid of this sagging. I know I have some abs under all this extra skin!!

Wondering if anyone out there has been through that?? How was the recovery??

Replies

• JigglyPig
    JigglyPig Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Ohhh! Wow! Congratulations! You've kept your weight off for an entire decade! What a great decision to get the tummy tuck! It must feel like a long overdue reward for your hard work! Best of luck for a fast recovery and a beautiful six pack afterward! (:
  • maryrshstattoo
    maryrshstattoo Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    You will love it!! Good luck. I need my arms done and my boobs hope one day.
  • justsummie
    justsummie Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I have not had any cosmetic surgery but would like to at the end of my weight-loss journey. Based on knowing a couple people who have had pros and cons with tummy-tucks my only advice is to make sure you are done having children before hand. Congrats on the weightloss!
  • noisykitty
    noisykitty Posts: 7
    Options
    Hi, I had a tummy tuck a year ago and it was the BEST thing I did. I also had a breast reduction in the fall. Good luck. I would do it all over again. The results are amazing.
  • noisykitty
    Options
    Hi, I had a tummy tuck a year ago and it was the BEST thing I did. I also had a breast reduction in the fall. Good luck. I would do it all over again. The results are amazing.
  • TBirdGirl
    TBirdGirl Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I hate to be the bearer of bad news but the recovery is h-e-double hockey sticks. It is the worst pain you have ever felt in your life. I have often said I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. It truly was that bad...

On the other hand, I am mostly happy with the results. You have to be willing to accept the scar that you will have afterwards. It is large and not always easy to hide/cover.

So that said, I hope that you love whatever decision you make.
  • DonaGail
    DonaGail Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
    I have not had that kind of surgey but I hope to need it someday!
    Good luck
    Dona
  • lustris
    lustris Posts: 152
    Options
    Congrats on keeping the weight off!!

I had my tummy tuck about 5 years ago. Recovery wasn't too bad ( lots of pain meds). Drains were a pain in the butt though, honestly that was the worst part of it. Below my belly button is still numb...any sensation there hasn't come back as of yet.

Good luck, you won't regret it :)
  • noisykitty
    Options
    I didn't have that much bad pain. I had Percocet for a couple of days and then Tylenol 3 and soon Tylenol 1. It depends if they repair your abdominal muscles. I didn't need them done so my recovery seemed pretty easy.
  • carlfry
    carlfry Posts: 62
    Options
    My Grandma had a tummy tuck after gastric bypass. She had it back in Feb. and is STILL recovering. Has to get it drained constantly, tubes are still in, etc. She has not had a good experience at all. I couldn't ever do it.
  • cweiler4
    cweiler4 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I have had a tummy tuck. My recovery was very easy, but everyone has different levels of pain and speeds of recovery. I am so happy I did it. Good luck.
  • TBirdGirl
    TBirdGirl Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Forgot to mention the numbness also... :cry:
  • noisykitty
    Options
    I guess it is like child birth. Lots of different experiences and stories. Good luck. I had 13 pounds of skin removed.
  • UnpredictablyPretty21
    UnpredictablyPretty21 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I have had cosmetic surgery, but it wasnt a tummy tuck.... please dont be scared off by other peoples bad experience. If anyone has had some form of operation there is always going to be some form of pain afterwards....

because this is a surgery that you are wanting to do as it is "your choice", the pain is going to be bearable as long as you follow what the doctors advises you will be fine!!!!!

You will have to let me know how it all goes

Good Luck!!!!! xx
    PrettyOne xx
  • atrayubrandy
    atrayubrandy Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    My sister just had a tummy tuck, liposuction, and implants all during the same surgery. She spent a week at our parent's house so that they could look after her. It all seemed to go pretty smoothly. I visited her a couple times during that week and she never seemed to be in that bad of pain just mostly sleepy and out of it. Then, I saw her about 1-2 weeks after that and she was just fine. She was showing me scars and trying on lingerie. She still had drains and bandages on but I was still surprised at how well and how quickly she recovered.
  • bethany7687
    bethany7687 Posts: 44
    Options
    Yup I had a breast reduction 9 years ago. The results of plastic surg make you feel confident, happy and sexy. Go for it. Do you live in Mass? I live in Plymouth.
    BEthany
  • dawnemjh
    Options
    Yup I had a breast reduction 9 years ago. The results of plastic surg make you feel confident, happy and sexy. Go for it. Do you live in Mass? I live in Plymouth.
    BEthany

Yes!! I live in Worcester!!
  • dawnemjh
    Options
    thank you all for your replies!!
  • JigglyPig
    JigglyPig Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    If it were me, I'd ask the doctor to save the skin/tissue so I could see it. Hahaha I guess I'm disgusting for thinking that... but seriously! How interesting!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!