Goal of 61lbs.....down 63.6! Woo!

Options
Hey everyone! I just wanted to say that I reach my first big weight loss goal of 61 pounds! I usually weigh-in the last Friday of every month, but I've been struggling a bit lately the past month or so, and felt like I needed a kick in the pants to get refocused. So this morning, I went to the clinic (where I get weighed) and hopped on the scale. It read 134.9 kgs (which I couldn't convert until I got home, because I didn't have my cell phone). Anyway, that puts me down to 297.4 pounds! Not only did I surpass my 61 pound goal (63.6 total now) BUT it also put me under 300 for the first time in almost 4 years! Wooo! I'm super happy, and I'm damn proud of the hard work and changes I've been making in my life.

I still have a long way to go, but I'll get there when I get there. My next goal is to now lose another 40 pounds so that I can say I've lost 100 pounds. None of this would be possible from the incredible support of my MFP friends and those who post in the communities to share information and support. It has changed my life, and I'm excited to see what my life will be like after the next 40 are gone.

I haven't posted any photos, but I'm going to when I can say I've lost 100 lbs. Thank you to everyone again, and keep up your hard work!

Replies

• MissJay75
    MissJay75 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Good for you, you must be so proud of yourself!! Keep up the great work!
  • TasnimEz
    TasnimEz Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! :D
  • dawnna76
    dawnna76 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS!
  • missmgray
    missmgray Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    That is wonderful!! Congratulations on achieving your goal!!
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    congratulations! 60lbs is an amazing loss.
  • sandylion
    sandylion Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! That's great!
  • joelschneider45066
    joelschneider45066 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Wow! Outstanding ! Congrats!
  • alager412
    Options
    I am happy to know that you are doing something to help yourself and that you are motivated to keep doing it. I hope you keep kicking butt and taking names and prove everyone wrong that you can do it and already have. Keep pushing yourself and congrats! ^.^
  • klkarlen
    klkarlen Posts: 4,366 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • hamoncan
    hamoncan Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    wtg!
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    That is a significant loss. You must feel so much stronger!
  • ashishsr123
    Options
    Congrats!!,

Share your success story, how did you do it , tips etc please.
  • maryjboom
    maryjboom Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Great job!!
  • caperchick78
    caperchick78 Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone. @jgnatca, yes, I feel much stronger....and lighter. I actually stood up from the couch the other night and when I started to walk towards my bedroom, I noticed for the first time my lower body just felter lighter and smaller. It was weird. I haven't been slim in years, so it was a weird feeling.

@ashishsr123 I started just by making sure I ate smaller portions and I stopped having lunch out. I purchased a recumbent exercise bike, and I started off at 5 minutes per day. I gradually increased my cardio to 30-40 minutes each day. I'll do 15-20 minutes before work and another 15-20 minutes when I get home from work. I think most of it has been my portion control (I weigh my food). I haven't eliminated ice cream or treats altogether, as I think I needed to do something that I could sustain for the rest of my life and never eating ice cream again was just not going to happen. I just don't eat a giant bowl of it and I don't have it every day. Finally, using MFP was huge! I've tried WW online before, and I would do well for a few weeks then I would have a "bad day" but I wouldn't log and say "I'll start again tomorrow." On the days where I binge (yes, I have those days) I log everything I eat and get over it. I hesitate to call this a journey, as this will be a road I'll be on for the rest of my life. I don't see it as as diet, but just as a way to live healthier and hopefully be happy with my life (regardless of my size). I'm not sure if any of this helps, but it's what's been working for me so far.

• kendalslimmer
    kendalslimmer Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Well done sweetie! :) You're doing great! xx
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!