microwave omlette

Options
I was wondering if anyone cooks omelettes in the microwave and if anyone does what type of such do you use. Thanos

Replies

• arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    There are omelet pans for the microwave. They work pretty well.
  • canadacatman
    canadacatman Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Thanks
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I use something like this: Microwave Egg Poacher.

But I like my eggs better on the cast iron frying pan and a little oil.
  • ANewCrystal4Life
    ANewCrystal4Life Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    i just scramble my eggs and throw in whatever im feeling..usualy a piece of chopped up colby jack cheese stick and a chopped up already cooked turkey sauage link... in a microwave safe bowl and cook foor about 90 second...not a real omlette but it's tasty
  • chelsmccann
    chelsmccann Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    im super lazy with my microwave eggs. i put them in a coffee mug, mix in some cheese if im feelin fancy, and microwave until done. they pop out of the mug onto my plate in a neat little tube of eggy goodness.
  • mlt2908
    mlt2908 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I do it often...I use one of those microwave omelette pans and spray it with cooking spray and then mix up the egg (sometimes add an additional egg white) in the cooker and add different things like cooked turkey sausage, shredded cooked chicken breast, mushrooms, spinach, or tomatoes....sometimes a little cheese. Takes approximately 90 seconds...turns out pretty well for a quick breakfast.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    What? It takes only a min or two to make them in a pan, why would make them in the microwave?
  • jsnodgrass28
    Options
    I just use a bowl and scramble the eggs and add whatever I have. I stir every so often as they are cooking. Also, spray the bowl with cooking spray or olive oil to make clean up easier.
  • Sherriediva1
    Sherriediva1 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Yup! I just paid 4.99 for one of those "As seen on TV" in the micro egg cooker and it works like a charm. It's red with a clear dome lid that latches. Came with a "Idea" book for different ways to make your eggs too. So far, I love it! Takes only 1 minute and comes out just the right size to put on a Whole Wheat English Muffin :)
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Another microwaved scrambled eggs girl here. I do mine with heaps of parsley and have just started adding some nutritional yeast for an extra protein boost. I stir mine every 20 seconds. Be aware that there is a very fine line between perfect and overdone. I do the last 20 secs in 10 second bursts so I can keep an eye on it. Remember it will do that weird microwave keep cooking thing after you take it out, so you want it looking slightly underdone.
  • MummyKate85
    MummyKate85 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I really don't like microwaved omlettes - don't know why, there is just something different about them! I much prefer them done in the pan :)
  • chelsmccann
    chelsmccann Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Acg67 wrote: »
    What? It takes only a min or two to make them in a pan, why would make them in the microwave?

Often, I will eat eggs and bacon at work - so i microwave them from scratch instead of cooking and reheating them, because that would make them hard and nasty. if im at home i, i will bake them in the oven or cook them on the stove as i do not have a microwave.
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    My daughter cooks hers in the microwave if she is running late for school. I like mine cooked on the stove.
  • samantha1242
    samantha1242 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Making eggs in the microwave sounds really weird to me. I was unaware that this was a common thing to do!
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I prefer a fry pan also but this dish works great when that is not available.

Nordic Ware Omlet Pan
  • MoiAussi93
    MoiAussi93 Posts: 1,948 Member
    Options
    Acg67 wrote: »
    Personally, I find it much easier to just wash one coffee mug or bowl than to wash a frying pan, spatula and a separate plate I am going to eat from.

And the microwave is a little faster since the pan needs to get hot before it will cook. Even a couple of minutes makes a difference if you are really in a rush.

Why not use a microwave? They taste the same to me either way.

• momtoeric
    momtoeric Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I bought the Tupperware egg baker and I use it daily. Even my 8 yr old can use it.