No nutrition facts for cracker barrel... Not cool!

Options
hgellings
hgellings Posts: 295 Member
We are going to Cracker barrel for breakfast tomorrow morning for Mother's day with hubby's mom. I went online to find nutrition facts and they don't have any. :noway: I was under the impression you should always be able to get ahold of a restaurants nutrition facts... obviously I was wrong though.

I need some suggestions. This will be the first time going out to eat where I don't look up online the info and decide before I get to a restaurant what to order. So this is where I ask you, my wonderful mfp friends, for some suggestions or ideas. Thanks guys! :happy:

Replies

• momtothreegirls
    Options
    It looks like the database under food has some listing for Cracker Barrel, don't know how accurate they are, but maybe it will help you decide. Have a great breakfast, and a great Mother's Day!
  • april_kelley
    april_kelley Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    You know what is good for you and what is "not" so good for you. Just make wise choices.
  • Lpfeifer419
    Lpfeifer419 Posts: 82
    Options
    If I remember correctly, they have oatmeal that comes with fruit and then a muffin. Split muffin with someone or eat half and save the other half for later. They also have cereal, not ideal for going out, but a good way not to blow it for the day!

They do have Egg Beaters, so that could be an option. With a side of whole wheat toast, it would be a good choice.

I would stay away from any of the meats. Dripping in fat and loaded with sodium!
  • catniss
    catniss Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    if you google cracker barrel nutrition, the LiveStrong website lists many (if not most) of the nutritional info. Regardless--Happy Mother's Day and enjoy yourself!!!
  • cupfanncbms
    cupfanncbms Posts: 101
    Options
    Is nutritional information available for your menu items?
    Here at Cracker Barrel, we pride ourselves on using recipes and ingredients that are authentic, genuine, and of the highest quality available. We strive to prepare and present these food items to you in a way that upholds those authentic traditions of days gone by.

Cracker Barrel certainly understands the health-conscious concerns that some of our guests have. While we are unable to give you any exact calorie or fat content information, the following choices may help you in your selection:

Turkey sausage is offered as an alternative to regular sausage.
    Entree salads are available on the menu.
    Grilled Chicken and Grilled Fish are available as meat selections for Country Dinner Plates.
    Promise® spread is available as an alternative to butter.
    Egg Beaters® are available on the breakfast menu and can be substituted on any breakfast at no additional charge.
    Oatmeal is available on the menu.
    Apple Bran Muffins are available as a bread choice.
    Decaffeinated Hot Tea and Coffee are available as additional beverages.
    Fresh Bananas and Raisins are available.
    Low Fat Milk and Skim Milk are available.
    Our orange juice, grapefruit juice, and apple cider are all pure, with no additives or added sugars.
    Special K, Wheaties, and Cheerios are included in our dry cereal offering.
    Fat Free Thousand Island, Fat Free Ranch, Fat Free Honey Mustard, and Fat Free Italian dressings are available.
    Sweet & Low, Splenda and Equal are available on each table.
    Low Calorie Fruit Spread is available.
    Sugar Free Syrup is available.
    Diet Root Beer as well as Diet Coke are available.
    Boiled Chicken Tenders are not printed on the menu, but are available upon request.
    No Sugar Added Apple Pie and No Sugar Added Vanilla Ice Cream are available.
    We use 100% Cholesterol Free Soybean Oil for frying.

We do not add MSG at the store, and we ask that our vendors not use MSG in the preparation of our foods. In any case, it is important to understand that MSG is naturally occurring in some foods.

I thought it became a law to have a list....
  • Lightjulesloves2run
    Lightjulesloves2run Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Found this for u..all their food and facts! :)http://www.shapefit.com/restaurants/cracker-barrel-calories.html
  • VegGrrl
    VegGrrl Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Nevermind - someone already posted what I was gonna post! :embarassed:
  • topazzzoe
    topazzzoe Posts: 12
    Options
    Stick to what you know. They can only add so many calories to eggs, bacon or sausage, and toast. Even the pancakes cannot be to bad in modaration just stay away from the items they add all the junk to. Enjoy and don't stress to much you need to enjoy life too or why are you working so hard.
  • hgellings
    Options
    You know what is good for you and what is "not" so good for you. Just make wise choices.

I thought I knew roughly what would be better for me and what not, but I went to Applebee's and ordered grilled chicken and shrimp with mushrooms and potatoes and it ended up being 760 calories and 46 grams of fat or something like that... I was shocked! Guess I'm not quite as good as I thought yet, which is why I like to now look at the nutrition facts before I go. ;)
  • hgellings
    Options
    Found this for u..all their food and facts! :)http://www.shapefit.com/restaurants/cracker-barrel-calories.html

Thank you :)
  • hgellings
    Options
    Is nutritional information available for your menu items?
    Here at Cracker Barrel, we pride ourselves on using recipes and ingredients that are authentic, genuine, and of the highest quality available. We strive to prepare and present these food items to you in a way that upholds those authentic traditions of days gone by.

Cracker Barrel certainly understands the health-conscious concerns that some of our guests have. While we are unable to give you any exact calorie or fat content information, the following choices may help you in your selection:

Turkey sausage is offered as an alternative to regular sausage.
    Entree salads are available on the menu.
    Grilled Chicken and Grilled Fish are available as meat selections for Country Dinner Plates.
    Promise® spread is available as an alternative to butter.
    Egg Beaters® are available on the breakfast menu and can be substituted on any breakfast at no additional charge.
    Oatmeal is available on the menu.
    Apple Bran Muffins are available as a bread choice.
    Decaffeinated Hot Tea and Coffee are available as additional beverages.
    Fresh Bananas and Raisins are available.
    Low Fat Milk and Skim Milk are available.
    Our orange juice, grapefruit juice, and apple cider are all pure, with no additives or added sugars.
    Special K, Wheaties, and Cheerios are included in our dry cereal offering.
    Fat Free Thousand Island, Fat Free Ranch, Fat Free Honey Mustard, and Fat Free Italian dressings are available.
    Sweet & Low, Splenda and Equal are available on each table.
    Low Calorie Fruit Spread is available.
    Sugar Free Syrup is available.
    Diet Root Beer as well as Diet Coke are available.
    Boiled Chicken Tenders are not printed on the menu, but are available upon request.
    No Sugar Added Apple Pie and No Sugar Added Vanilla Ice Cream are available.
    We use 100% Cholesterol Free Soybean Oil for frying.

We do not add MSG at the store, and we ask that our vendors not use MSG in the preparation of our foods. In any case, it is important to understand that MSG is naturally occurring in some foods.

I thought it became a law to have a list....

I saw this, but didn't think it could really be considered their nutrition facts.
  • southernsweetie1978
    southernsweetie1978 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I love Cracker Barrel but this is one of the main problems I have with eating there is no calorie info. I do mainly eat the children's meal when I go because it's normally lower in calories and you don't have to get as many sides. I have heard their Grilled Roast Beef(on the low carb menu) is about 260 calories estimate.