Tupperware for work lunches that doesn't leak?

Options
cheshirecatastrophe
cheshirecatastrophe Posts: 1,395 Member
edited January 2015 in Food and Nutrition
I already own the Leakproof Coffee Tumbler of Jesus. What are its tupperware-like counterparts that won't leak stir fry sauce all over the safety Ziploc bag I currently need?

Replies

• ryankingsley27
    Options
    Buy real Tupperware brand... if they leak they are lifetime guarantee so say something and get a new one... Costly but worth it if you don't want your lunch intermingling in the bottom of the lunch box!
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,715 Member
    Options
    I'd suggest actual Tupperware. It's more expensive than the Glad and Ziploc brands at the store, but it does last longer and seals tighter. Mainly I just had to say this made me laugh: Leakproof Coffee Tumblr of Jesus!
  • samantha1242
    samantha1242 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    mason jars. I will never go back to tupperware after putting my lunch stuff/sauces/salads/soups/leftovers/smoothies/etc/etc/etc in mason jars.

Is your leakproof coffee tumbler of jesus by contigo? Those are amazing.
  • cheshirecatastrophe
    cheshirecatastrophe Posts: 1,395 Member
    Options
    Thanks, everyone! I honestly did not realize you could buy actual Tupperware directly. I am a dinosaur.

YES, @samantha1242, it's a Contigo. The official coffee tumbler of the Colonial fleet. :)
  • samantha1242
    samantha1242 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    @cheshirecatastrophe‌ Absolutely the most amazing tumbler in the entire galaxy. So say we all.
  • Rogiefreida
    Rogiefreida Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I just bought a 6 pack bag meal management system and the containers that they come with are literally the best "tupperwares" I have ever used. It's not cheap, but you can buy their containers without buying the bag ($24.99/6 containers). I decided to order more because it puts all the inexpensive containers to shame.
  • candylarocque
    candylarocque Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I bought containers from ikea...they're green topped. Even my 10 yr old throwing his bag around doesn't leak!!!
  • JenSD6
    JenSD6 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I picked up Snapware Glasslock containers from Costco a couple of years ago, and I love them. They don't spill anything, even when you hit the brakes and your lunch bag goes flying. And the fact that they're glass and not plastic (except for the lid) is a big preference factor for me as well.
  • Babbs1977
    Babbs1977 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Definitely try mason jars. That way you're not eating potentially leached plastic when you heat up your food. You won't stain them, they don't leak and it's pretty hard to break them.
  • DsAdvocate
    DsAdvocate Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Mason jars!
  • lemon629
    lemon629 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    JenSD6 wrote: »
    I picked up Snapware Glasslock containers from Costco a couple of years ago, and I love them. They don't spill anything, even when you hit the brakes and your lunch bag goes flying. And the fact that they're glass and not plastic (except for the lid) is a big preference factor for me as well.

I use these, too. They are wonderful. You can also buy them at The Container Store.
  • jennamae102
    jennamae102 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I love my Pyrex containers. You can get a mixed package of sizes at Target: http://www.target.com/p/pyrex-18-piece-storage-set/-/A-14055748#prodSlot=medium_1_1&term=pyrex
  • Sunitagt
    Sunitagt Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    lemon629 wrote: »
    JenSD6 wrote: »

I use these, too. They are wonderful. You can also buy them at The Container Store.

One more for these! They make my lunchbag a little heavy, but are a great asset in my kitchen.
  • gracielynn1011
    gracielynn1011 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I use a mixture of Pyrex bowls and mason jars. Depends on what I'm taking and how I packed it up the night before.

Never had a problem with either.
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    Options
    Glasslock is good. It's a little heavy, though, which only matters if he takes transit or walks.
  • softblondechick
    softblondechick Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    No matter what you use, I have found that the best protection of "leakage" is a separate container for food. I bought a nine can soft side cooler, it holds my breakfast, lunch, ice package, and snacks. Fits fine in the bottom of my backpack.
  • LuckyStar813
    LuckyStar813 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Mason jars rock but if you want something lighter that wont break, try Rubbermaid containers. The red lid ones come in great sizes but only use 2 sized lids. The lids snap together when stacked and these containers DON'T LEAK.

http://www.rubbermaid.com/Category/Pages/ProductDetail.aspx?CatName=FoodStorage&Prod_ID=RP091258&Redirect=1
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    No matter what you use, I have found that the best protection of "leakage" is a separate container for food. I bought a nine can soft side cooler, it holds my breakfast, lunch, ice package, and snacks. Fits fine in the bottom of my backpack.

I cannot use glass because I "break stuff."
    Also glass is heavy to carry.
    I subscribe to doubling -- plastic containers in an insulated lunch bag.
    Right now my favorite is Fit and Fresh that you can get online.
  • dmhubbardpowell
    Options
    Lock and Lock containers sold on QVC. They come in plastic and glass.