what are you looking forward to being able to do once you lose the weight?

Replies

• Teresa_3266
    Teresa_3266 Posts: 298 Member
    • I want to shop in any store I want and NOT in the plus size section
    • I want to look in my closet and know that ALL the close in there will fit me and look good
    • I want to see pictures of myself and not cringe in horror
    • I want to feel sexy
    • I want to be fit and healthy and live a long life
    • I want to wear boots!!
  • melaniemae427
    melaniemae427 Posts: 1 Member
    Be able to pick out a wedding dress that I WANT to wear, not one that will hide all the ugly fat. Go back to my 20 year reunion proud, fit and healthy.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    palwithme wrote: »
    Buying clothes that I want because they are cute and not because they are the only ones that fit.

So much this.
  • 39flavours
    39flavours Posts: 1,494 Member
    To feel confident in my own skin
    To be able to choose clothes more easily
    To look forward to going out
    To feel sexy
    To hold my head high at the gym
    To not let my body image hold me back
    To go swimming without fear and shame
    To have more energy
    To be able to focus on more important things
    To be able to go on holiday without hesitation
    To feel younger
    To love myself

Thanks xxx
  • FitGeekery
    FitGeekery Posts: 336 Member
    • I'd say no more thigh rub but let's be honest... they're glued together in a constant battle to separate. Like Siamese twins >.>
    • Wearing clothes I actually want to wear vs. things that camouflage my rolls. I'm a person wanting to look cute, not a raccoon hiding from predators.
    • Being able to look down at my toes and NOT see my belly photo-bombing like a diva "That's right bishes, I'm still here!!"
    • Feeling like I look good naked. Not just "Oh. That's what I look like... okay...". I want to look in the mirror and think "... daaaaamn. Yup... girl works ouuuut!"
    • Being able to try any physical activity without the constant hesitation of "... oh god I'm so unfit, I'm pretty sure that'll kill me". Because right now it will lol
  • dopeysmelly
    dopeysmelly Posts: 1,390 Member
    I really hope you guys don't mind me putting this out there, but hopefully you'll find it motivating!

This is what I found I loved AFTER losing the weight..

- No thigh rub
    - Shopping in (relatively) normal stores - I'm still short, so finding petites is still tricky, but I can fit into some normal length clothing
    - Buying, wearing and looking good in cute clothes
    - Getting great deals during end-of-season clothing clearance sales because I'm a smaller size than most average shoppers, so there's plenty left at 75% off (particularly things like winter coats and dresses)
    - Having so much energy I'm literally bouncing around all day (where did it come from??)
    - Discovering muscles under the lard (who knew they were there??)
    - Not getting out of breath when I workout
    - Feeling about 20 years younger
    - The freedom of movement without the extra pounds
    - Crossing my legs when I sit (even though it's not great for circulation)
    - Wearing my engagement ring again (and having to get it resized from when I first got it!)
    - Focusing on fitness more than weight (I never EVER thought I'd enjoy working out the way I do)
  • ImDowner
    ImDowner Posts: 35 Member
    I look forward to being comfortable enough in a swimsuit to run around and play with my daughter without feeling like everyone is looking at me in disgust. I look forward to being IN the photos with my daughter instead of taking them. And not getting the "fat people" tube when we go snow tubing. We take a trip to TN every year and go snow tubing while we are there, I was mortified last year when I looked around and realized that I had the same color tube as all the overweight people. It clicked then that I was one of them. And right now I'm really looking forward to getting out of the obese category! I'm going to do a happy dance that day!
  • obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    Oh man, all of my goals now are fitness-oriented. I'm halfway to goal and just overweight. I want to be able to lift more than ten pounds with my left arm (this is a medical restriction though), run for 5 miles, take an outdoorsy vacation with lots of hiking, get rid of my saddlebags and bat wings . . .
  • calichic74
    calichic74 Posts: 42 Member
    edited January 2015
    My husband is an actor and I'm always avoiding the red carpet when we attend different events, so I'm looking forward to rocking the red carpet....J-Lo style!!!
  • NoelFigart1
    NoelFigart1 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Swim faster.

To be honest, I'm way the hell too old to wait to be thin to do anything. Woah, would that be an incredible waste of a finite life!
  • RunnethUpB
    RunnethUpB Posts: 18 Member
    I love all these answers!! You guys are the best!!
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    - Move and breathe easily, like being able to carry my weight to climb over an obstacle or jump over something. That's really my ultimate fantasy, to be easily in control of my body no matter what I do, be it playing around, hiking, climbing the stairs, sitting in comfortable poses, balancing to reach out for something.. etc.
    - Wear things I like without worrying about looking like a sausage.
    - Go out with my sister and her friends without feeling like "the fat sister".
    - Wearing T-shirts from theyetee without paying extra for larger sizes.
  • MrsKila
    MrsKila Posts: 320 Member
    Being able to shop in a store without being concerned about only shopping in plus size stores.
  • SincerelySasquatch
    SincerelySasquatch Posts: 14 Member
    Being able to find clothes I like in my size... I am in plus sizes and it is hard to find clothes that I like in plus size. And feeling confident when I get dressed up and done up! I miss that. And I look forward to being able to get around easier... and being able to sit down on a curb. I haven't been able to do that in a while.
  • Buy clothes that aren't from Lane Bryant/Torrid
    Be happy in my own skin :)

Granted, Lane Bryant sux, but Torrid has some awesome stuff!

• I want to be able to:

Wear my engagement and wedding rings
    Paint my toenails
    Walk without pain for as long as I like
    Wear a dress without feeling like a parade float
  • Ajaxlost
    Ajaxlost Posts: 46 Member
    Take a family photo. with me in it.
  • RunnethUpB
    RunnethUpB Posts: 18 Member
    I've got another one!
    -sit with my legs crossed (my thighs won't let me)
  • RayRay2366
    RayRay2366 Posts: 4 Member
    go to a stadium and not worry about invading my neighbour's space. Not breaking out in a sweat worrying if airplane seatbelt will fit.
  • be_patient
    be_patient Posts: 186 Member
    Wearing whatever the hell I want and owning it

Wearing a bikini with confidence

Taking photos and not hating them

Going out more with more confidence

Shopping for not overly large sized clothing

Being able to workout a good burn but not feeling like I'm dying

Like someone said...not worry about clothes being too tight

Let him pick me up without worrying I'll be dropped :')