Sugar intake and Weight loss

Options
I am wondering how important sugar intake is for your weight loss process. I just added sugar to my food diary as one of the things to be measured. It was 50 over!!! I wonder if this is hindering my weight loss goals. Does anyone have any advice. I need some help as carbs and sugar are real weaknesses for me. I'll be sitting there eating them. Knowing i'm eating to many and I just keep going. Tips as to how to stop this would be greatly appreciated and some info about Sugar intake. Feel free to check my food journal!

Replies

• superhippiechik
    superhippiechik Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    I eat too much fruit to worry about my intake. My morning fresh fruit smoothie puts me over! LOL
  • tmaksparkie
    tmaksparkie Posts: 279
    Options
    Well I would say to look into keto/ primal eating, this is what I do but it is not for everyone. It is a lifestyle change not a fad diet or diet at all it needs to be done full time and a lifestyle. I eat no grains or very little, very little fruit. It is a high protein, high fat, low carb. Research it and decide for yourself. Look up marks daily apple and protein power, a good documentary is fat head( on Netflix) as for me I was just like that I could not eat cereal or fruit without eating everything in sight the rest of the day, then I did lots of searching for questions why and have come to realize I am sensitive to carbs and sugar not everyone is but I am so this lifestyle is what works for me.
  • srtiemann
    srtiemann Posts: 76
    Options
    I try to stay away from sugar as much as possible. I have cut down on my refined sugars. I know that when I eat too much sugar I do not see any results on the scale.

The only thing that helps me stay away is will power. I do eat fresh fruit but cut out all cakes, pies and ice creams.

Good luck.
  • BMillerDBQ77
    BMillerDBQ77 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have been watching my sugar intake from the beginning of my weight-loss plan. If there is added sugar, I try to either not eat/drink it or to cut back on the amount. I'm also watching my carbs, so the sugar factors right in. My sugar cravings are satisfied if I have fruit or sugar free candy (in limited quantities of course). Good luck!
  • sctracy
    sctracy Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I removed sugar from my diary for a while because it was stressing me out! My sugar comes from fruit, yogurt, and dark chocolate. On days when I have a yogurt AND a banana, I'm at my suggested limit. So now I don't worry about it. It hasn't hindered my weight-loss at all. I'm not interested in doing anything that I'm not certain I can maintain, and cutting out fresh fruit or yogurt just isn't an option for me. If I plateau, or if I reach my goal and feel I am still carrying too much abdominal fat, then I'll focus on cutting down on my sugar. For now, I'm ignoring it and enjoying healthy foods that I love :)