Regained my weight!

Options
iamburke
iamburke Posts: 51 Member
edited January 2015 in Motivation and Support
Hi everyone....I lost weight years ago but recently I have regained a lot back. I have joined a gym and was told about this app! please friend request me for mutual support! I lost 30 pounds on weight watchers 15 years ago. But every few years it creeps on. currently I am back up 10 pounds and need to nip it ! Goood luck to everyone and let's do it!

Replies

• Train4Foodz
    Train4Foodz Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    Hey there,
    This time you have the knowledge of everything that worked for you before, along with the things that didn't and you have the MFP community (with tracking tools) to help you along the way!

All the very best to you!

Adam
  • iamburke
    Options
    Thanks for the reply! It's true. With knowledge we can catch it.....it's lifetime . Then get back on the diet :)
  • procolorer
    procolorer Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I'm kind of on the same page (with way more to lose). I battle my hypothyroidism every day and finally lost the weight, then it went a little wacky again and combined with me drinking pop again and I ballooned ! Love to have you as a friend
  • earthdog722
    Options
    Same here. I used to maintain a good weight but since I have gotten older and have lost weight and regained more than I lost. I am determined to lose the weight. I'm finally in a good place in the rest of my life after divorce - it's time! I think you just have to put your nose to the ground and just keep pushing. Good Luck!
  • iamburke
    Options
    Thanks for the reply everyone. I'm new and don't know how to add friends ! Please add me and I'll say yes.:)

Here is what I learned. This is LIFE TIME....similar to AA. ....we lose e weight but we are always vulnerable to gain it back! What I do is relax. For a time then always check after a few months. The idea is to catch it and get back on the horse .

It's hard when you reach your goal ....and then you think I'm cured. NO! But it's wonderful to know you can go back on. ..that you are in control!

:). Helene