Calvin and Hobbes...

Replies

• Haltermania
    Haltermania Posts: 288 Member
    I love Calvin and Hobbes, I have most of the comic books and still go back and read them. Oh my childhood days.
  • ravenribbs
    ravenribbs Posts: 288 Member
    A pair of pathetic parapatetics!
  • UncleMac
    UncleMac Posts: 12,814 Member
    EDollah wrote: »
    Watterson was a secret guest cartoonist for Pearls Before Swine a few months ago.

Check out http://www.gocomics.com/pearlsbeforeswine/2014/06/04 then navigate to the next 2 days as well.
    It's funny. When I saw the guest cartoonist strips, on the second day, I thought the Mars Attacks theme was a Calvin & Hobbes rip-off but then wow!!

I'm a fan of Pearls Before Swine... gotta love a cartoonist who doesn't take himself very seriously... but Stephen is no Bill Watterson!
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,296 Member
    I love the one where Hobbes finally eats Calvin.
  • UncleMac
    PurringMyrrh, if it is the one I'm thinking of, that wasn't drawn by Bill Watterson. I can't describe as "fan art" but you get the idea...

Calvin-and-Hobbes-Giant-Bee1.jpg
  • UncleMac
    12.gif
  • UncleMac
    I lost all of my books when my basement flooded but then bought the collection at a garage sale for 50 cents a book. Such a steal for the... Greatest. Comic. Ever.
    50 cents each? That is such a steal!!
  • SkFarmMom
    SkFarmMom Posts: 46 Member
    Hehe...some days I'm tempted to introduce my boys to Calvin and Hobbes...then I look at the bathroom after they have "tub time" and realize that they ARE Calvin.
  • ljohnson216
    ljohnson216 Posts: 89 Member
    I can't wait to introduce them to my kids too. I can go on and on about them all day and am glad to see other people who appreciate them as much as I do. Thanks for creating this... Reading these definitely make each day even better.