what can I do at home?

Options
I have 2 small kids and it's been raining outside. Is there anything I can do at home that is cardio or anything to help me tone up and get a good workout? I hate video's and I need something that's quick. My youngest is only 6 months old, so he is very demanding and my daughter is almost 3, so it's very hard to get a workout in.
Any idea's?

Replies

• Candicemapa
    Options
    I have 2 small kids and it's been raining outside. Is there anything I can do at home that is cardio or anything to help me tone up and get a good workout? I hate video's and I need something that's quick. My youngest is only 6 months old, so he is very demanding and my daughter is almost 3, so it's very hard to get a workout in.
    Any idea's?
  • Cowboy
    Cowboy Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    If you have any steps in your house you could do a great cardio workout just doing a stepping routine. Dance with your kids! They love it, it wears them out and you get a great workout. Exercise doesn't have to be boring!
    Cowboy
  • blessedmamma
    Options
    Got a jump rope?
  • fayevest
    fayevest Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I really hate videos too - they always end up annoying me!! BUT I find if I dont have something sort of guiding me, I get REALLY bored and impatient. I have a gazelle that I got from walmart.com for under $100 and I'll hop on that and watch tv.

I know you said you dont like videos but there are a few good ones that I finally found after searching and searching so I thought I'd share.

I want that body - Tammy Lee Webb (name could be mis-spelled) - this is all toning - GREAT DVD, you can get it on amazon.com for $10... i love Tammy Lee Webb

The Biggest Loser Volume 1 - GREAT and challenging workouts including cardio and toning. Also not very annoying at all

Buns of Steel 3 - this is kind of old (1991) and may be hard to find but WOW. It is a wonderful lower body toning/cardio workout... it's definitly intermidiate. Mine is only on VHS, but the time flies and it gets you in great shape. It's the best workout video I have ever done.

An embarrasing idea is Dance Dance Revolution! :blushing: I know it sounds stupid, but it can actually be a lot of fun and time will fly.. great workout!
  • theresashroff
    theresashroff Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Exercise videos are a life saver if you can't get outdoors. Also, if you have cable TV, there is usually a fitness channel that has a ton of videos such as aerobics (low and high), Pilates, strength training, dancing, etc. Also, some are about 30-40 minutes and others are about 10-20 minutes.
  • hmmmm
    hmmmm Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I am in the same shoes as you. I have a 2 year old and an 8month old I find it difficult to get in any real workouts. I did buy a mini stepper but honestly doesn't get used as much as I like. I can't even do it after the kids go to bed because we have neighbors downstairs and the constant banging on the floor at night isn't really neighborly. I do try to be extra active in my everday chores though. Besides I kind of feel guilty when I am walking on the stepper and there is lots of housework to be done.
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    I know you hate tapes but Denise Austin has one that has 4 sections of cardio, each 10 min. And each one is a different style of cardio. There is a thread on here somewhere that says what the name is.
  • dulceluva
    dulceluva Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    Walk Away the Pounds video...