Stretch MARKS!!! *HELP*

Options
I havent had a problem with stretch mark for more than half my life until one day a couple years ago I found one! and now i have alot of them mainly around my stomach. I have been told its from my yo-yo-ing weight loss/gain. I would like to know what the BEST stretch mark cream, lotion, or whatever I can use to eliminate or lighten them!
Thanks XoxO <3

Replies

• luvcookie
    luvcookie Posts: 97
    Options
    Id love to know a good cream too...since I had my kids ive had them,they faded but not enuff !
  • bbuck06
    bbuck06 Posts: 6
    Options
    I'm very interested in seeing some responses, since I've got the same problem! Unfortunately I don't know of any awesome remedies. I only know that they'll fade with time, and hopefully sooner rather than later when losing weight!
  • Feralsquirrel
    Feralsquirrel Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I haven't been at it long enough to see results, but I had a friend recently tell me if you pinch the mark, rolling the skin between your fingertips up and down the mark, for several minutes each night, they go away faster.
  • Kelblue1
    Kelblue1 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    MEDERMA!! I have many stretch marks from being pregnant and I used several religiously with no results, but finally forked out the cash for mederma stretch mark cream and in 6 weeks I could tell a huge difference. It says it can take 12 wks tho. It's not cheap at $40 for a 5.29 ounce tube but it does work! I'm sure it depends on how much you need it. Your are supposed to put on twice a day and I have stretch marks on my legs, boobs and belly and sides and at twice a day it still took me 7 wks to use a whole tube. So if you use more than that I'm sure it will go faster. States on the bottle it should last 4 wks, but mine lasted longer!! I totally think it was worth the extra money! wish you the best!
  • LacheleG
    LacheleG Posts: 37
    Options
    BUMP
  • LacheleG
    Options
    MEDERMA!! I have many stretch marks from being pregnant and I used several religiously with no results, but finally forked out the cash for mederma stretch mark cream and in 6 weeks I could tell a huge difference. It says it can take 12 wks tho. It's not cheap at $40 for a 5.29 ounce tube but it does work! I'm sure it depends on how much you need it. Your are supposed to put on twice a day and I have stretch marks on my legs, boobs and belly and sides and at twice a day it still took me 7 wks to use a whole tube. So if you use more than that I'm sure it will go faster. States on the bottle it should last 4 wks, but mine lasted longer!! I totally think it was worth the extra money! wish you the best!

Ive heard of that but its so expensive!!! if it works then I'll invest in it...thanks so much!!! :)
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    Honestly, creams don't work. Nothing external works, because stretchmarks are skin that is damaged on the inside. The only thing I have heard that works is dermaroller treatment (pricking the skin thousands of times to stimulate collagen regrowth), but I can't get it done anywhere near here, so don't have first hand experience.
  • MysticMoon
    MysticMoon Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Bio Oil, or the cheaper versions help with scars, stretch marks and blemishes too. I bought some for £2.00 the proper branded one is easily £10.00 And i bought it for my scars down my legs, as i have a 12inch long one, and 7inch long one on the one leg, Then on the other leg i have a 6inch one. The 6inch scar is now 2.5years old and you can barely see it, and the 7inch one is extremely hard to find, perhaps it helps that that one is on a crease. But the 12inch long has been opened twice so it's much thicker and harder to cover, and i had the metal staples stitching rather and these themselves leaves massive holes either side of the scar, But in using this Oil for the last year the scar is now silver rather than angry red or purple.

Or buy Collagen cream from a Hair and Beauty Suppliers in it's purest form (this will be harder to get unless you have a beauty therapist mate, as it will be four x cheaper than on the main market)

Hope this helps, I am a beauty therapist and i can honestly say it's not the oil or creams that are working it's you massaging the area everyday twice a day, softening the skin and breaking up the fatty tissues, dispersing it. So in theory you could use Olive oil or any Moisturiser. I use the Bio Oil as it uses essential Oils such as lavender,Almond,Peach etc... and i sue it for those reasons alone.
  • Kelblue1
    Options
    Honestly, creams don't work. Nothing external works, because stretchmarks are skin that is damaged on the inside. The only thing I have heard that works is dermaroller treatment (pricking the skin thousands of times to stimulate collagen regrowth), but I can't get it done anywhere near here, so don't have first hand experience.

Mederma is a cream it does completely get rid of them.. nothing will do that.. but it does make them much less noticeable!
  • rwinnie2
    rwinnie2 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I use Bio-oil it's also great for wrinkles, but strech marks like wrinkles unfortunatly once you have them you will not be able to get rid of them unless you are willing to take some drastic action but I find Bio-oil really helps improve the apperance and wont break the bank. :flowerforyou:
  • missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209
    Options
    i only used cocoa butter as a body lotion and u can barely see mine, theyve faded, not sure if its down to the cream or just luck:smile:
  • LacheleG
    Options

hmm Ill have to do some research on that! thanks!
  • LacheleG
    Options
    Bio Oil, or the cheaper versions help with scars, stretch marks and blemishes too. I bought some for £2.00 the proper branded one is easily £10.00 And i bought it for my scars down my legs, as i have a 12inch long one, and 7inch long one on the one leg, Then on the other leg i have a 6inch one. The 6inch scar is now 2.5years old and you can barely see it, and the 7inch one is extremely hard to find, perhaps it helps that that one is on a crease. But the 12inch long has been opened twice so it's much thicker and harder to cover, and i had the metal staples stitching rather and these themselves leaves massive holes either side of the scar, But in using this Oil for the last year the scar is now silver rather than angry red or purple.

Or buy Collagen cream from a Hair and Beauty Suppliers in it's purest form (this will be harder to get unless you have a beauty therapist mate, as it will be four x cheaper than on the main market)

Hope this helps, I am a beauty therapist and i can honestly say it's not the oil or creams that are working it's you massaging the area everyday twice a day, softening the skin and breaking up the fatty tissues, dispersing it. So in theory you could use Olive oil or any Moisturiser. I use the Bio Oil as it uses essential Oils such as lavender,Almond,Peach etc... and i sue it for those reasons alone.

Ill have to get some! I have been putting regular moisture lotion on and have been massaging to me it looks lighter...but I will try your ideas! thanks so much
  • LacheleG
    Options
    i only used cocoa butter as a body lotion and u can barely see mine, theyve faded, not sure if its down to the cream or just luck:smile:

Might be just your luck bc i tried the tummy butter cocoa butter for about 8 months religiously (meaning up to 3-4 times a day) and it didnt help one bit..but thanks :)
  • LacheleG
    Options
    I use Bio-oil it's also great for wrinkles, but strech marks like wrinkles unfortunatly once you have them you will not be able to get rid of them unless you are willing to take some drastic action but I find Bio-oil really helps improve the apperance and wont break the bank. :flowerforyou:

is there a specific brand you buy of bio-oil? or is that just its name all together?
    thank you for your suggestion!
  • jvonrohr214
    Options
    I've heard Mederma has a very strong odor to it... is that true? And if so, is it pleasant at least?
  • casey12105
    casey12105 Posts: 293
    Options
    Some creams like Mederma will help to fade them, but it will take a long time and if you're like me and your son did a number on your stomach, one tube would last me like 2 days sigh. I asked my doctor about this and he said the only way to get rid of them is to have the laser surgery done.
  • rwinnie2
    rwinnie2 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I bought the branded stuff it was on offer at the time and i was going to have a small operation, one of my friend is a nurse she recomended it to help get rid of the scar. Since then I'v stuck with it as it works but always keep an eye out for when its on sale however a little does go a long way, and yes thats what the stuff i use is called Bio-oil.
  • LacheleG
    Options
    Thanks so much for your suggestions!!! :)
  • Kelblue1
    Options
    I've heard Mederma has a very strong odor to it... is that true? And if so, is it pleasant at least?

It kinda has a flowery smell to me. I don't think it's a bad odor and it fades after an hour or so. Like I said nothing will get rid of them.. but I've tried many things with no luck but with the Mederma Stretch mark cream within 4-5 wks I started to notice a difference. Even my husband did and that says alot!!