Does this app work?

Options
does this app really work

Replies

• slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,452 Member
    Options
    The short answer....yes...
    Log daily and exercise....a couple of friends to motivate and encourage you and you'll get there
  • ozzyantoinette
    ozzyantoinette Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Yes what slim said it's great and having peeps that use it daily can help I have 2 friends and don't use it lol I'm a loner
  • Vanity4V
    Vanity4V Posts: 1
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Yes! I started in april last year an after 2 months already lost 9 kg and got my pre- pregnancy weight. Just by knowing what I ate every day I became more conscious about what my body needs and so in a short period of time began eating more healthy and also picking up doing some strength traing few times a week at home.
  • natashajf
    natashajf Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Definitely - I love the easy methods of tracking food, simple barcode scanner, ability to copy meals from one day to another, huge database of foods. Makes you accountable to your food and exercise - also like the chat boards, great motivation from MFP friends
  • Driagnor
    Driagnor Posts: 323 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    That depends on you. Its features are fantastic for tracking your weight and calories and providing you with motivation, but you need to commit to using it. I find that when I enter my calories in there every day and am committed to tracking everything I eat and the exercise I do, it works brilliantly.
  • 89nunu
    89nunu Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    unfortunately, it's not magic.
    You still have to do the work yourself!
    But if you actually use the app as it is designed, log everyday and exercise to keep a calorie deficit it works like a charm!

It's science baby, not the app
  • daceca
    daceca Posts: 2
    Options

• daceca
    daceca Posts: 2
    Options
    I love it
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options

It works, but it's not magic. You still have to make sure you're selecting the right food entries (since this is user entered here a lot of the entries are missing nutrient data or have the wrong calories selected, some are people's private recipes that they put in the food database, & some products can have different calorie counts in two different countries).

You need to make sure that you're accurately eating the right portions by investing in a digital food scale that weighs in grams & ounces. A lot of foods such as ice cream, nut butters, cereal, meats, etc. it's very easy to think you're eating one serving when it could be close to 3.

If you follow the MFP approach to lose weight then you need to make sure that you're at least eating some of your exercise calories back. The database can be pretty generous with their exercise calories so I would suggest investing into a chest strap HRM that could be a little more accurate.
  • im_awesome_because_im_me
    Options
    The honest answer is nothing works unless you put in the work...getting in the habit of inputting what you eat and not excluding items will help you make better choices down the line...
  • Wiseandcurious
    Wiseandcurious Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Eh... It's not buggy, or what are you asking? For weightloss? *it* doesn't, *you* do. But the app is a lot of help to keep you on track.
  • Drdisney
    Drdisney Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    It works ..if you work it .. its not magic but it is a wonderful tool to help you make healthy choices