To those I offended...I apoligize.

Options
kimmerroze
kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
I posted this in my blog but I am going to post it here too.

I posted a blog that offended quite a few people, and so I wanted to post a follow up to apologize. Not for what I said, mind you, but for how it came across.

I didn't mean to come across as insensitive, I didn't mean to come across as a little 21 year old who has had a perfect body her whole life and doesn't understand why others don't get it.

I have dealt with my own set of problems and issues, but they were making me so miserable that the only logical decision for me was to change what was making me miserable instead of making it worse. I wont go into my problems because when I signed up on MFP I decided I had looked at them for the last time, I wasn't going to dwell on them and I wasn't going to return to them. They are my past, I delt with them, battled with them if you will, and I decided that the past is where I am choosing to leave them.

My blog was a venting blog, I become continually more frustrated with people when they have already given up on themselves. I want to shake them and tell them

"YES! YOU CAN DO THIS! you are strong, and beautiful, and amazing, and this MOUNTAIN is going to be a tiny TINY bump in your life looking back on it in ten years, you just gotta go on a long hike first."

But when I or others constantly have to say that over and over and over and over again, along with having to tell myself that over and over,day after day, its hard to keep doing it, because I can only do so much, I only have so much will power. So for others to depend completely on the "go get it " attitude of others for their will power and not put the majority of the responsibility upon themselves it makes it hard.

I get frustrated because I want to see everyone succeed, I cant comprehend why someone would want to stay miserable instead of try their all to become happy.

I am not too young, I have experienced life, HARD life. No one can tell me that I just need to life a few more years until I become fat to understand.

I UNDERSTAND, I have been there.

So again I say I am sorry for the way my blog was presented. It wasn't meant to offend it wasn't meant to be insensitive unempathetic, or hateful. It was frustration for those who have already given up on themselves.

-Kayla

Replies

• believetoachieve
    believetoachieve Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Your blog is yours - no need to apologize for it!! That being said, it was a lovely apology. (Though I didn't read the blog, haha). Keep your chin up! Some people are just too sensitive :flowerforyou:
  • live2smyle
    live2smyle Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Your blog is yours - no need to apologize for it!! That being said, it was a lovely apology. (Though I didn't read the blog, haha). Keep your chin up! Some people are just too sensitive :flowerforyou:
    This....Way way way this!!!!
  • b00b0084
    b00b0084 Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    I agree, the blog is yours and only yours. It is a form of journaling and no one should get down on you for writing exactly how you feel. Never feel bad for how you feel, but a very nice apology!
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    Don't apologize for having your own opinions on your own blog with your own thoughts about your own life. If people wanna look into it, they've then stepped into your world and need to wipe their feet before they set foot inside, thank you for the open invite, and leave with the dignity they came in with. If they have problems, they leave that **** at home where they belong. Just my opinion on it.
  • sue26
    sue26 Posts: 412
    Options
    read both your blog and your apology and loved both. Dont let others get you down :smile:
  • WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options

I agree. My blog is where I get to post MY OPINION. If you don't like it and want to leave me negative feedback, no harm done. You are entitled to your opinions also. You can judge me if you want, it doesn't mean you're right, or me for that matter.

I didn't read your blog post either, but I TOTALLY get what you are saying in your apology about running out of will power and trying to cheer others on. Sometimes it's a heavy weight to carry and there are days I want to throw in the towel too. You're only human.

So, keep doing your thing! You never know who you might inspire just being yourself.

PS - I got married at 21. I thought I was mature then, I still think I was. I still think I am. We all have different life experiences who shape us to be who we are. Don't let naysayers get to you.
  • mkennedym
    mkennedym Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    you can write whatever the heck you want in your blog. although posting your apology on the message boards for everyone to see is really unnecessary. this message board is for general diet and weight loss help, and your apology isn't addressing any of that.
    123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    I'm with the majority. It's your blog. You don't have to apologize for ****.
  • b00b0084
    b00b0084 Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    you can write whatever the heck you want in your blog. although posting your apology on the message boards for everyone to see is really unnecessary. this message board is for general diet and weight loss help, and your apology isn't addressing any of that.

the only one that has to say this is unnecessary... hmmm....
  • timeforme23
    timeforme23 Posts: 461
    Options
    It came with a disclaimer! I actually read that this morning and really liked it. I bookmarked it to go back to when I felt defeated. I think you came across as real and thats it. Sometimes people dont like reality. Sometimes I dont like reality lol. Non the less, everyone will always have an opinion, you cant please everyone. I did enjoy it this morning.
  • KickassYas
    KickassYas Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Don't apologize for having your own opinions on your own blog with your own thoughts about your own life. If people wanna look into it, they've then stepped into your world and need to wipe their feet before they set foot inside, thank you for the open invite, and leave with the dignity they came in with. If they have problems, they leave that **** at home where they belong. Just my opinion on it.

bingo.
    the only person you need to answer to is you. and for those who can sure as hell use your support but don't return it or even support themselves... they are going to need more than MFP. they are going to need psychological help. because this journey is a selfish journey. its all about you. and you have every right to say what you damn well please in your journal your thoughts your words. if you got flamed for it remember this, those people don't mean squat to you.

only you count.
  • flutterqueen04
    Options
    Woman you don't need to apologize!! Like everyone before me said...except for the jerk about the messages bored comment (yes, jerk, I went there!)...it is YOUR blog! YOUR opinion! YOU write how YOU feel. Others just need to back off.

I have not read your blog yet but I am intrigued. I think we might have a lot of similarities. :) Keep rocking on and NEVER apologize for being you. :happy:
  • mkennedym
    Options
    Woman you don't need to apologize!! Like everyone before me said...except for the jerk about the messages bored comment (yes, jerk, I went there!)...it is YOUR blog! YOUR opinion! YOU write how YOU feel. Others just need to back off.

I have not read your blog yet but I am intrigued. I think we might have a lot of similarities. :) Keep rocking on and NEVER apologize for being you. :happy:

you are calling me a jerk for saying a message board isn't the right venue for her to give apologies for her blog posts? this isn't her blog. the purpose of this message board is to help people lose weight and diet, not to apologize to a bunch of strangers about something she may have written in her blog.
  • That_Girl
    That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    LOL There's always one in the bunch who wants to start something.
    Don't feed the troll, people.
  • mkennedym
    Options
    i'm not trolling. i haven't said anything offensive. in fact, i'm only attempting to post the ACTUAL RULE which is to stay on topic.

in fact, there is a forum specifically for writing whatever you feel like. it is at the bottom and titled "chit chat, fun, and games."
  • Tzavush
    Tzavush Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry you felt the need to apologize for your own opinions which you wrote in your own space...