On this journey alone and could really use some friends

Options
About a year ago I was doing really well with eating right and working out. My husband was joining in when he could, both of my sisters were hiking with me etc. and then life through a curve at us. I struggle with anxiety and depression and let that win during that time. I stopped watching what I ate and worked out less... then my husband became busier and my sisters moved farther away, and I became alone on this weight loss journey and fully gave up.

I really want to stick with it this time, but I do not do well with doing things alone. I would love to have some accountability friends. Instead of just adding a bunch of people and not really communicating like last time, I'd love to have friends on a more personable level.

Here is a little bit about me... I'm 33 years old, no children... times ticking haha and if I don't lose weight, it may never happen! I grew up in Michigan and now live in Arizona. I have about 100lbs to lose. Anything else, feel free to ask :smile:

Please add me if you would like to help encourage one another!

Replies

• ashprather
    ashprather Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I sent a request!
  • CaraStylianou
    CaraStylianou Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey there. Feel free to add me. Im a Canadian living down under and pretty much on this on my own as well. Im getting this moving part down but my eating habits suck. :-( i also need someone for accountability. I shud share my diary so i can get that from someone. So ya! Nice to meet ya ;-)
  • MIgirl_AZworld
    MIgirl_AZworld Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    adedini wrote: »
    I sent a request!
    Thank you! Added you :)
  • MIgirl_AZworld
    MIgirl_AZworld Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hey there. Feel free to add me. Im a Canadian living down under and pretty much on this on my own as well. Im getting this moving part down but my eating habits suck. :-( i also need someone for accountability. I shud share my diary so i can get that from someone. So ya! Nice to meet ya ;-)

Just sent a friend request :) I'm getting a little better at my food choices. Sometimes I need to make do with what we have left, which isn't always great, but I haven't added exercise back in the way I should. One step at a time I guess :)
  • jaystepper4life
    Options
    Hi I'm Jason looking for MFP friends too add me! We can share healthy recipes and motivate each other
  • melnelson242
    melnelson242 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi I know how you feel. I moved to FL with my husband away from my family and friends. He never has time to work out with me and is not very good at motivating me. We want to have kids but with this weight it's going to be hard. I have about 70lbs to lose. I am 31 and really want a baby. That's my motivation. I am willing to help if you can do the same!
  • sonya15143
    Options
    Looking for friends too - especially after having a meh week! I need some anchors!
  • bkerr30
    bkerr30 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I sent a request! I am 32, and also struggle with anxiety and depression. I am also looking for more people to keep me accountable and discuss healthy food and lifestyle choices
  • bm1409
    bm1409 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    You can add me as a friend. I also just started a virtual walking group called Walk The World. All of us in the group adds our miles together and see where we walk. If you want to join the group (or anyone else) just message me and I will send you the link.
  • VanessaFitForLife
    Options
    Hey :) feel free to add me! I'm pretty much in this alone as well.. Trying to get my boyfriend involved but he's not really into it.. Haha.. I eat clean and follow a macro plan! It was really hard to get back into it after Christmas but I'm sticking to it this time!!
    About a year ago I was doing really well with eating right and working out. My husband was joining in when he could, both of my sisters were hiking with me etc. and then life through a curve at us. I struggle with anxiety and depression and let that win during that time. I stopped watching what I ate and worked out less... then my husband became busier and my sisters moved farther away, and I became alone on this weight loss journey and fully gave up.

I really want to stick with it this time, but I do not do well with doing things alone. I would love to have some accountability friends. Instead of just adding a bunch of people and not really communicating like last time, I'd love to have friends on a more personable level.

Here is a little bit about me... I'm 33 years old, no children... times ticking haha and if I don't lose weight, it may never happen! I grew up in Michigan and now live in Arizona. I have about 100lbs to lose. Anything else, feel free to ask :smile:

Please add me if you would like to help encourage one another!
    bm1409 wrote: »
    You can add me as a friend. I also just started a virtual walking group called Walk The World. All of us in the group adds our miles together and see where we walk. If you want to join the group (or anyone else) just message me and I will send you the link.

• raematex
    Options
    Hey all! Feel free to add me. I could always use the extra motivation :blush:
  • sam_the_girl
    sam_the_girl Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! My friend list of actual active friends is growing smaller. They're dropping like flies!
  • kandeye
    kandeye Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Anyone feel free to add me. I need more friends on here. I am 27 living in cali and looking to lose around 70 total.
  • emilyrizza853
    Options
    Hi all, feel free to add me too, could use the motivation!! I'm 27 and from Scotland. This app's great for keeping on track. Just need to add a bit of exercise now! I liked that walking the world idea.

• scottwheeler75
    scottwheeler75 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I am happy to help! I have realized how important it is to have other people around to support health and wellness goals. I don't have a lot of experience but I am a good listener! One of my challenges is with meal planning or eating right in the evening and on weekends.