Starting and Staying

Each week and then each morning I start my diet and plan to exercise. By 3 each day I start to unravel and often blow off exercise. I am so frustrated!

Replies

• karendellovo5964
    karendellovo5964 Posts: 4 Member
    That would be me as well. I go to the gym in the morning before work to get that out of the way. In the afternoon around 2, I make sure to have a higher protein snack like plain Greek yogurt with my own fruit added. Then when I get home I keep busy with something I love to do. Right now it's cooking! I'm trying new recipes for dinner
  • I like your system. I have to leave for work by 5:30 and usually get home between 5-6. Mornings are out for me. Staying busy at home should help
  • mzbek24
    mzbek24 Posts: 436 Member
    Try to find something you enjoy-with both food and exercise... find slots in your cals for treats. If it feels like chores/punishment, you're less likely to stick it out. Heck, most of us are...that's no fun :)
  • EZDUZIT68
    EZDUZIT68 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Even when I'm doing well with eating healthy I find the night time (especially right before bed) the hardest to stick to it - and if I give in, that carb hangover is what throws me off my regiment of getting up early and finding the energy to walk/lift. I find that the better I am at avaoiding the late night snacking (even healthy snacking) the more I can stick to it.
  • Becka4Real
    Becka4Real Posts: 1,527 Member
    Working out has to be fun at first until you make it a habit. Once it is a habit the satisfaction of burning calories is a natural high.