Working out with family members... even the furry ones

Options
So I have been meaning to join this site for awhile now, and finally found a reason to: My dog and I are looking to lose the same amount of weight. HA!

In the past year, I have lost not one pound. The previous year I lost 10, so you can imagine my expected giddiness at how working out more frequently would OBVIOUSLY help me lose more.

"JUST KIDDING!" said life.

"You B****" I responded curtly.

This past year I have increased my time exercising, and just recently have cut back on sugar and alcohol. While I am aware that muscle weighs more than fat, and I DID notice some great changes over the past couple of years, I have definitely hit a plateau.

I will celebrate one milestone though: FIRST SUMMER IN SHORTS IN TEN YEARS!!!!!! Phew, yes, those 130 lb leg presses that my trainer made me do REALLY kicked up the leg muscles and short-wearing awesomeness.

However, I still seem to be STUCK towards making any further progress, both in weight and muscle tone.

And then the Vet appointment for Boe. Ugh:

"You're feeding him as if he's supposed to be 125 lbs."

Um, well, at least he won't be in some sappy commercial with Sarah Mclachlan singing in the background, right?

Yes, my Jack a Bee, who "in a perfect world" would be 25 lbs, is 34.8 lbs. Holy Goodness.

So, here I am, logging my progress, and his too. I've already seen some interesting things- like how quickly calories can accumulate while watching The Simpson's movie. Hmph.

I've already posted measurements and pictures on a blog entry on my page, but as an intro I'll provide some quick pics of Boe's and my Side Views... it's truly the most accurate (HA again). Hopefully you can see the following:

Photoon7-12-13at919AM_zpsf0a4effd.jpg

Photoon7-12-13at917AM4_zpscbe3b1ad.jpg

I look forward to meeting my goals and working with people from every walk of life, whether you have to lose a few pounds of a few hundred; we're all looking to better ourselves, anyway, aren't we?

Check out my blog post/page for more pictures, measurements, and info! And thanks for any and all support.:heart:

Replies

• deb_137
    deb_137 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I started reading your post and thought, oh good - we might be a "friend match" because I have a furry that needs to lose weight as well...as well as two others that need to maintain : )

Then I read further and realized that you just might be a feisty, sassy kind of person which again...means we might be a match.

Read you put your history in a blog....again, ME TOO!

Then you posting picks of the furry...I get accused of doing that too much on FB : (

Things seemed perfect until you posted the pic of yourself.... Now I am saying B**** because that photo would be closer to my "after" than my "before".

Have decided the pros outweigh the cons and that we should be pals. Will be sending you a friend request : )
  • bettysueANDboe
    Options
    HAHA Your response definitely made me LOL (literally). Maybe we should focus our friendship on the fact that we both have goals we want to reach, not what the goals are or what we THINK we look like in the process of achieving them!

But I'm glad you found me! I'll be reading your blog for sure, and feel free to post as many furry pictures as you'd like; there will be no judging here.

Happy that the pros outweighed the cons. I know that my pictures/numbers may bring scoffs and murmurs to some, but I DO have realistic goals and HEALTHY hopes in my future. :happy:

p.s. I read your bio area, the bracelet is a really neat idea!
  • johnstoncarol612
    johnstoncarol612 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My 2 dogs are fat 2 . Would love to have someone to walk them with. Are u close to Greer, SC
  • clg1241
    clg1241 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    My two standard poodles use the treadmill while i use the elliptical trainer and workout. The two cats laugh at the dogs. One dog is 11 and the other is 2 years old. Good food and exercise is what we all need.