Coffee

Options
i didn't realise how much coffee milk and 2 sugars add up :( it's killing my diet

Replies

• missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    Fit it in. If you want it, it can make you work.

I fit a 180 calorie iced coffee daily into my intake, and I've lost fine.
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    I got used to drinking it black. I drink 3 or 4 a day. If it really mattered to me, I would cut elsewhere in my day to make it fit.
  • kss1231
    kss1231 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I'm with you on that, 140/day on creamer alone. I really need to find something different that tastes good but doesn't cost me so many calories. I can't function without at least one cup though.
  • trexkitten
    trexkitten Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Switch to skim, and gradually cut down on sugar until its zero. Like 1 week @ 1.5 sugars, then 1 @ 1 sugar, and so on. Eventually you'll enjoy unadulterated coffee. Also, if its the number of coffees a day that is the problem, I suggest having a glass water with your coffee, that way you are drinking coffee for enjoyment and not because your thirsty. :)
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    I have a hot chocolate almost every day since winter started (around 120 calories), and I just plan for it and make room for it in my daily calories. Why is it killing your diet?
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Fat free/sugar free creamers are pretty tasty to me. My creamer only adds 16 calories and I use stevia. Definitely do able on my calories for the day.
  • UnicornAmanda
    UnicornAmanda Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I was amazed when I first started logging on mfp that literally everything has calories haha. I had done weight watchers on and off when I was a teenager and there were some free stuff like fruits and veggies. and when i started logging here years later I was shocked that even greens had calories haha. You will fit in your coffee! You can make modifications to make it less calories and get used to the taste, or you can drink it how you like it and fit it into your day! :)
  • makinne
    makinne Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Try almond milk or soy milk. It's lower calorie and many varieties come pre-sweetened.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I drink a cup of 2% or whole milk with my coffee every day. It's part of my protein intake.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    I switched to better coffee and drink it black now. When I started my coffee intake alone was over 1000 calories daily
  • CaffeinatedConfectionist
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    I drink a cup of 2% or whole milk with my coffee every day. It's part of my protein intake.

I also do this. I drink a couple cups of black coffee in the morning (because creamer in hot coffee is icky, I don't care what you all say ;) ) but I drink iced coffee in the afternoon and put whole milk in it. And sometimes protein powder for a nice coffee shake. Mmmm.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »

I also do this. I drink a couple cups of black coffee in the morning (because creamer in hot coffee is icky, I don't care what you all say ;) ) but I drink iced coffee in the afternoon and put whole milk in it. And sometimes protein powder for a nice coffee shake. Mmmm.

coffee_love.jpg

I do the same with iced coffee

iStock_000015244664Medium_Iced%20Coffee.jpg?itok=CxwupITA
  • rendash49221
    rendash49221 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I drink my coffee black, no sugar, but I have friends that switched from half and half to skim milk and almond milk. They said it took a little getting used to, but really like it now. I use almond milk on my cereal, as I'm lactose intolerant. It's only 30 cal per 8 oz glass; I'm sure that amount is far more than what you'd use in your coffee.
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    I just cut the amount of creamer I used to make it work. I used to pour with impunity; now I measure a single tablespoon (per 16oz cup of coffee) and be done with it. It takes some adjusting, but I wasn't willing to give up coffee or drink it entirely black, so I made a compromise. You'll need to make one, too -- maybe not the same one, but a compromise nonetheless.
  • berrybus117
    Options
    This is all really helpful , I've tried my coffee without sugar and it tastes fine so that will save me some calories
  • GiveMeCoffee
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Just make it fit

I drink an extra large coffee with half and half and caramel from Dunkin Donuts.

Bring me a DD coffee please!