Need to lose 20 lbs by June.

Options
Looking for some friends for motivation and support. I'm 24, and have been struggling with my weight for a couple of years. I'm done letting it control me. I will lose 20 pounds by June so I don't embarrass myself in my bridesmaid dress. Please feel free to add me. :-)

Replies

• PinkCoconut
    PinkCoconut Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    You can SO do it! Feel free to add me! :)
  • jasoncollins79
    jasoncollins79 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Add me as well. I'm losing 30 by June for vacation :-)
  • LaraArmstrong16
    Options
    Im doing the same!! Just for my birthday instead :3
  • dshill2
    Options
    how are you expecting to lose 20 pounds by June please tell
  • MrsKila
    MrsKila Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Add me also, that's my goal weight by June.
  • MrsKila
    MrsKila Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    We can do this at losing 1.5 lbs a week. This is definitely an obtainable goal!
  • Lawandac2
    Lawandac2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Add me as well. I am getting ready for my 25th class reunion and I want to look great! Let the haters hate. (smile)
  • kcramer2468
    Options
    I want to loose 30 pounds by June because I need to have a nice beach body and also don't want any of my self consciousness to hold me back as I head off to college next year.
  • 135by60
    135by60 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    You can add me too. As my name says, I want to be 125lbs by my 51st birthday, which is mid-June and I'm at 150lbs right now. I agree that it is attainable if we engage our self-discipline and stay motivated.
  • JessiLouC25
    JessiLouC25 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm looking to achieve the same.. I'm 23 and wanting to loose about 15 lbs and tone up.. I'll add you x

• cgutierrez429
    Options
    Im also trying to loose 20-25 but by March!
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Im also trying to loose 20-25 but by March!

That would be 5lb a week? Do you think thats realistic or healthy?
  • JAT74
    JAT74 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    I am trying to lose 25 lbs, ideally by May, so far I've lost over 5 lbs so to reach my goal June is probably going to be a little more realistic. So far it's been great and you've got less to lose so I know you can do it!
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    jimmy9011 wrote:
    We can do this at losing 1.5 lbs a week. This is definitely an obtainable goal!
    Um, no, losing 1.5 lb per week when you have so little to lose is not a realistic/healthy goal.
    Over the last year, starting with 110 lb to lose, I've averaged 1.5 lb / week. A few weeks I lost 5 lb, and there have been more than a few weeks where I stalled.

With only 20-30 to lose, even 1 lb per week would be a big deal. 0.5 lb would be more reasonable. I have 33 left to get to my goal, and if I get there by the end of the year it's OK. Earlier would be fine, and very well might happen, but I know that my amazing success so far will not continue at the same level, at least not if I want to be healthy.

I did a newbie help post which includes links to helpful info such as sexypants,
    goal setting (weight, calories, macros),
    accurate logging & weighing,
    motivation & encouragement...

51637601.png
  • Codilee87
    Codilee87 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I'm aiming to lose 25 by July, which is about 5lbs a month. Add me if you want :smile:
  • chinab89
    chinab89 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Please, add me. I am trying to lose weight by summer time! Thanks!
  • claer947
    claer947 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    You got this, girlie!
  • luzmirella
    luzmirella Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You could add me
  • suzywoo72
    suzywoo72 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    My goal is to look hot in a bikini. So I'm trying to lose 15-20 lbs too.
  • cubixusa
    cubixusa Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Please add me to your list. My goal is to lose 20lbs by June for my 20th college reunion. I need motivation and support esp. because I'll be away on vacation in Feb and April. Vacation means I'll be facing major temptations while eating out.