Roughly how long does it take YOU to lose a stone?

Options

Replies

• neenfitby40
    neenfitby40 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    A stone is 6kgs is that right?

I've lost almost 5 kgs in 3 weeks so I guess for me it will take around 4 weeks
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    It took me 8 weeks to lose 15 lbs.
  • misskarihari
    misskarihari Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Still working on it. Taken me 3 months so far to lose 10lbs, so not there yet. :P
  • lisaw19855
    lisaw19855 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I've lost 9lbs in 4 weeks, but expect it to slow down now my body is adjusting so I hope to reach 14lbs lost in another 4 weeks x
  • MallowBrain
    MallowBrain Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on your starting weight, I'm 342 pounds so I expect I'll lose a stone quicker than someone who is already a much lower weight
  • deniztuzu2
    deniztuzu2 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I'm losing 1 a month.
  • Ooci
    Ooci Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    The first stone just fell off in 6 weeks (I'm 5.1 and was 12.7) The second stone took around 4 months. The third stone took 8 months with long and frustrating plateaus where for various reasons I wasn't on plan all that much.The 4th stone starts today -I'm 9.7 now. If I can get to 8.7 by next Jan I will be delighted. And the 5th stone from 8.7 to 8.0 - we'll see.
    This isn't a race - it's a lifetime commitment to having a much lower BMI.
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Anywhere from eight to twelve weeks, depending on how dedicated I am. At the end of 2013 I was losing about 10lbs (more than 2/3rds of a stone) per month, but lately I've been struggling to lose .5-1lb per week.
  • Jkj95
    Jkj95 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I lost 8lbs (a little over half a stone) in about a month and a half. I started at 160 and got down to 152. My goal was to lose .5lbs a week, but it seems it ended up being more like a little over 1lb a week. I may be lighter now but I do not currently have a scale where I'm living.
  • Stevesb62
    Options
    Took me 5 weeks to lose a stone.
    Took me 2 and a half Months to lose the next half a stone

Admittedly Christmas came along in that second half stone but still, losing that half has been twice as hard as losing the first whole stone
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,391 MFP Moderator
    Options
    The less weight you have, the slower it should take. Ideally, your goal should be to lose mostly fat and minimizing muscle loss. Essentially, fat loss > weight loss because body composition > weight.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    It depends...there are a lot of factors involved...how much weight you have (or don't have) to lose (more weight, generally faster weight loss...less weight, the slower you should go), your overall deficit, consistency and dietary adherence, etc.

There's really not a true answer here.
  • bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    It took me 12 weeks to lose the first stone (from obese to overweight, according to BMI), 13 weeks to lose the second stone (from the upper end of overweight to the lower end), 16 weeks to lose the third stone (from overweight to a normal BMI), and 32 weeks to lose the fourth stone (to a BMI of 22.7).

Since then, I have lost another half-stone in six months and am at my goal weight (BMI 21.5).

I mention BMI not because it's a great measure for everyone (since it was designed to assess populations, not individuals), but because it underscores that the loss got slower as I approached my goal weight.