Yawning

Options
Hi all

me and one of my rants again........

so yesterday my fantastic wife said to me time to go get you some better shoes to use as I had been telling her how some days I was getting a burning sensation in my feet and my ankles hurt

as it happens I missed all exercise yesterday as I had a 7am meeting at the office - 1hour from home so I skipped my morning walk, after work picked up the wife and off to Harbour town - picked up a pair of Mizuno Wave Inspire 7's and back home for 10pm

heres the strange thing - woke up at 6 and off for my morning walk - well the first 2kms were hell feet felt wierd and I could not stop yawning no idea why that was and am open to some advice - I use endomondo and this shouts out every time I pass a Km mark - I then get told in my headset what my time to complete the last km is and I was fully 1minute slower than usual.

now was it the shoes or something else - methinks something else as i then started to pick up the pace and for the rest of the walk I upped my mace to around the 9min 30sec mark/km (6kmh which is around 3.75mph)

however i could not stop the yawning first time I have ever had this happen to me - yeserday I went slightly over my target daily useage but cannot see what I did to cause the yawns, shoes stopped feeling weird and settled down in fact at the end mark I had no burning from my soles and much milder ankle pains - im presuming some of the ankle pain is due to my obesity

has anyone had these issues, any idea why or what the yawing is my concern ? Is this a side effect is it the lack of exercise the previous day - all input would be appreciated

thanks and keep working peoples

Matt

Replies

• wonnder1
    wonnder1 Posts: 460
    Options
    I always yawn at the gym. I find if I focus more on my breathing it goes away. After all, yawning is just your body trying to get more oxygen.

(However, why I'm NOW yawning is a total scientific mystery. And thanks.)
  • believetoachieve
    believetoachieve Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    There are two types of yawns - your body trying to obtain more oxygen, and boredom/reflex yawning. Either way, it's not a concern! I sometimes yawn throughout my 5k runs, haha.
  • jb_2011
    jb_2011 Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Hey Matt, I might suggest drinking LOTS more water. Your diary shows 3, 4, or 5 cups a day, it should be double that, every day, and especially when your sodium is high. Water replenishes our energy and flushes out toxins. Just a thought!

Other than that, I have no idea what shoes would have to do with yawning. :yawn:

Cheers!:drinker:
  • tammyquinnlmt
    tammyquinnlmt Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Now I'm yawning without excercise....Its a terrible word...Yawning!
  • Certified_Femail
    Certified_Femail Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I would like to reply to the burning in your foot. I have had pllanter fasciitis and it caused me burning in my foot but not ankles. I had inserts made by a pediatrist and it went away. Then it started again about 10 years later and i went back and he said it was prob my weight gain so he remade the inserts and it went away again. Now im 24 pounds lighter and still no problem. the worst part is i suffered from it not knowing what the heck it was for over a year. Its got to the point i didnt want to walk across the office at work and in the morning when i would get up it hurt soooo bad because i guess the tendons were retracted from the sleeping and were being stretched out as i got up in the morning. Sounds like you got good shoes now. O yea one more thing the doctor also said to go get the best runners shoes because the shoes i had were Vans and they have NO support. that was a major help also. O sounds like its ok to yawn lol. And i agree about the water........drink drink drink
  • teebeegeebee
    teebeegeebee Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    thanks for the feedback I will increase the water and see if that helps

i posted about the yawning as today was the first time - maybe im just tired from other stuff work etc ?