Your maximum heart rate is: 201
Your maximum training heart rate is: 174
Your minimum training rate is: 147

what does this mean?

Replies

• thomaslh83
    thomaslh83 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    147 to 174 is your ideal heart range for burning fat during a workout. Your max heart rate is a figure based off of subtracting your age from 220 bpm. (ex: 220 - 19 = 201). Your max heart rate is only a predicted figure - it could be a little more or less.
  • Spayrroe
    Spayrroe Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Max rate your heart can go while not having some kind of major medical problem is 204. Your ideal 'cardio zone' is where you want to keep your heart rate for your body to most efficiently use the stored fuel it has, and that's what the other two numbers are. You want to keep your heart rate between 147 and 174 while exercising. Now, that range does seem rather large to me, I would say your idea is probably around 155.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    You don't want to push your heart rate over 201. There is a point when you can push your heart too hard.

When you're working out - cardio especially the highest you want to push your heart rate is 174.

You'll start burning calories around 147. Lower than that may burn, but not as much.

Try keeping your heart rate between the 147 and 174 for maximum calorie burn without pushing your heart too much. If you feel light headed or extremely winded - slow down and let your heart rate come down some.
  • tiffanyjade09
    tiffanyjade09 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I think I am good my heart rate is always in the 170's.
  • lesliekae
    lesliekae Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    While we are discussing it I have a Polar HRM and I have been wondering what is the difference between Fat Burn and Fitness? Can anyone shed some light on that for me?
  • live2smyle
    live2smyle Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I have no idea...but today my heart rate shot all the way up to 212 and it scared the bejesus out of me :cry:
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I have no idea...but today my heart rate shot all the way up to 212 and it scared the bejesus out of me :cry:

I had mine up to 195 one day and it really scared me. Funny part? I didn't feel winded or anything. Only reason I even knew about it was I always check it after I run and when I checked it - it was 195. Decided to back off the running a bit.
  • katieandlilly
    katieandlilly Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    The HRM can sometimes (rarely) pick up vibrations from your exercises. Today I was doing 'family' kickboxing with mydaughter and we were doing squat/football type runs where you stand in place in a squat and run real fast. My HR was around 140 but when we'd do the fast feet it would shoot up to 180 and the second I stopped back to 135 . I think the HRM was picking up the vibrations of my feet and not my heart!
  • NAMsMommy
    NAMsMommy Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    The HRM can sometimes (rarely) pick up vibrations from your exercises. Today I was doing 'family' kickboxing with mydaughter and we were doing squat/football type runs where you stand in place in a squat and run real fast. My HR was around 140 but when we'd do the fast feet it would shoot up to 180 and the second I stopped back to 135 . I think the HRM was picking up the vibrations of my feet and not my heart!

It is odd that it went straight back, but your heart rate very well could be going up that high from squats to runs. Good cardio there.
  • amccrazgrl
    amccrazgrl Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    While we are discussing it I have a Polar HRM and I have been wondering what is the difference between Fat Burn and Fitness? Can anyone shed some light on that for me?

Fat burn zone is training in a lower intensity and the main source of energy is fat.
    Fitness is training in a higher intensity and improving your cardio fitness. (Strenghtening your heart and increasing blood to muscles and lungs.

My gf and I both have Polar HRM's. I have noticed b/c I'm more in shape than she that I stay in the Fat Burn Zone more often and shes in the Fitness zone. The more in shape you get the more time in the Fat Burn Zone you will be. My gf has noticed over the past few months her heart rate doesn't increase as fast as it used to while shes working out b/c she is in better shape.