RA, Lupus and DJD

Options
Hi ladies, Jeannie from Houston, TX. here. Recently diognosed with degenerative joint disease and fibromyalgia to go along with the RA and Lupus. I'm 5'10" and about 100lbs. Overweight, I have really let myself go these past few years, pretty much giving up on ever having any semblance of normal life again. But I have the most amazing grandchildren that give me the encouragement to "live" and in order to do that, I have got to lose this weight and start living a healthier lifestyle. I also am on several different medications for treatment of my pain, Leflunomide, Mobic, Plaquenil, Flexeril, Etodolac as well as Embrel Injections once weekly. I need all the support I can get at this point, and am glad to know that I am not the only one struggling through these changes.

Replies

• kokopelli505
    Options
    Hi Jeannie. I too have RA, Lupus and diabetes. I take Plaquenil, Lyrica and Metformin. I used to take MTX and had barely tried Leflunomide for a few weeks. I had a scare with lung issues, so I am off both of those. I have stopped wheat as of 3 weeks today. I am starting to feel better. I want to lose weight, but have only lost 3 lbs. I am doing high fat, low carb, or so I am trying to. I live in Las Cruces, NM. If you haven't tried HFLC, you should, if anything just to get off the wheat.