I'm about ready to kill myself....over eating to the EXTREME

Options
Hey guys, i know there are tons of people who have made a thread about this, but tonight i overate so bad I'm surprised I'm not dead right now. I ate like i normally do, but then after dinner i was still hungry, and i was CRAVING sweets so i went for the special k snack bar, then i was still hungry and had a slim fast snack bar and then it just kept on going and going and holy crap i just couldn't stop. I could not handle it, i KNEW i was full but i kept craving and it killed me so much i HAD to eat. Ugh I've been doing pretty good for the past few months of MFP. I don't know what happened tonight. I know you are just suppose to forget about it and think that tomorrow is a new day, but with everything i ate, I'm surprised i didn't explode. I didn't over eat on fast food, it was snack bars like the special K and fiber one and slim fast and luna bars and it just kept going on those bars. My sugar is sky rocketed right now i bet and clearly my calories are basically doubled and my cards are way past my amount. I need some good advice. I'm so lost on my diet really, and i really try to eat well. I'm always over on my sugar EVERY day, but i don't eat "crap foods". Ugh.....so lost right now...

Replies

• Forensic
    Forensic Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I find that eat sugar actually makes me crave MORE sugar. So, a bit of chocolate for me doesn't sate the urge, it starts a binge.

I try to avoid the super sweets and drink more water when the cravings come.
  • wilyz
    wilyz Posts: 37
    Options
    You will be ok
  • xxjacqueline
    xxjacqueline Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    When I start eating something sweet I can't stop. So if I take a bite or two, I drink water afterwards to clear the sugar off my taste buds. I know it's hard not to beat yourself up. But, you will get up tomorrow and get back on track. We all fail sometimes, but you have to get up again!
  • Shortyburb
    Shortyburb Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Im over on my sugars daily. Im still losing weight. I ONLY watch my carbs. I go over my calories everyday on purpose. Next time eat a peppermint candy. It helps satisfy the sweet craving and your mouth is minty so everything tastes gross if you eat afterwords. Dont go over board on eating them. Just try 2 or 3. Or try chewing so gum. Brush your teeth. Anything to make whatever you eat taste nasty.
  • ncwmark
    ncwmark Posts: 40
    Options
    Next time eat a peppermint candy. It helps satisfy the sweet craving and your mouth is minty so everything tastes gross if you eat afterwords. Dont go over board on eating them. Just try 2 or 3. Or try chewing so gum. Brush your teeth. Anything to make whatever you eat taste nasty.

That's awesome advice!
  • live2smyle
    live2smyle Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    One of those bars is never enough for me. I never ever ever buy them. They are actually one of the very few things I will not bring in the house.
  • xlpavenged7x
    Options
    Thanks guys! I had my weigh in this morning and luckily no weight was gained! But the peppermint candy idea/ gum idea was great! Thanks (: