anyone else out there...

Options
Is there anyone else out there who has quit smoking in the last year or so, and who is having a heck of a time loosing weight or inches?
I quit smoking 15 months ago...I have been working very hard at trying to loose the weight that I gained, but am having absolutely nooooo luck. I even did cardio core boot camp for three months, and did not loose any weight, or any inches (we measured). I have definately noticed an huge improvment in my cardio levels though, so that is good. My doctor told me that it takes at least a year for your body to go back to any sort of normal cycle. Any one else been there , done that????
My sister in law told me today actually that she had a friend who quit smoking, and her thyroid totally shut down. If anyone has any suggestions, I would appreciate any advice.
Thanks
Dawn

Replies

• dawn66
    dawn66 Posts: 166
    Options
    Is there anyone else out there who has quit smoking in the last year or so, and who is having a heck of a time loosing weight or inches?
    I quit smoking 15 months ago...I have been working very hard at trying to loose the weight that I gained, but am having absolutely nooooo luck. I even did cardio core boot camp for three months, and did not loose any weight, or any inches (we measured). I have definately noticed an huge improvment in my cardio levels though, so that is good. My doctor told me that it takes at least a year for your body to go back to any sort of normal cycle. Any one else been there , done that????
    My sister in law told me today actually that she had a friend who quit smoking, and her thyroid totally shut down. If anyone has any suggestions, I would appreciate any advice.
    Thanks
    Dawn
  • BeachBody
    Options
    That sounds like a good question for your doctor. In addition to running tests, he/she may be able to refer you to a dietician...Hope all works out for you!
  • RachaelElliott
    Options
    Wow! All I have to say is congratulations! That's amazing! If you quit smoking I'm sure you can find a way to loose weight too. Just be patient. Your body will come around.:smile: A dieticion sounds like a good idea.
  • LuvinLife
    LuvinLife Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I quit smoking almost 6 years ago and I had the same problem. It was discovered, about 14 months later that my thyroid was not working properly and I had to get on some synthroid. I don't think it had anything to do with the quitting, but I was so glad it was discovered. It made all the difference in my energy levels and ability to lose weight. It's a simple blood test your doctor can do. get tested if you think that might be a problem. It affects so many different parts of your body.

Congratulations on your quitting!! It's one of the hardest things you could ever do.

Claire