Need Help! Not losing!

Options
Hey guys! I need a little motivation here. I have been so good for about the last 2 weeks let's say, and I am not losing at all! I stick to 1200 cals, some days it ends up being a little over or a little under, but never by much.
I weight myself on Mondays and I assumed that I would be losing about 2 lbs a week but so far barely anything! This week I decided to weigh myself this morning for a little weekend motivation and actually went up .5lbs! I am starting to get pretty bummed! Please give me some advice.
I also do treadmill intervals 30 mins, 4x week.

Replies

• FitGeekery
    FitGeekery Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    How much weight do you have to lose?
  • slimagain47
    slimagain47 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I was looking for some motivation too and found this thread. I need to lose 40 lbs. I'm 5'3" and weigh 173. I've been hovering between 1100 and 1200 a day. Lost 7 lbs in 20 days then suddenly one week of nothing. I work a seasonal job so I'm out of work and have been devoting 100% to losing weight. I am following the sugar impact diet so I'm not eating any simple carbs or even putting sugar in my coffee or tea. I even bought and cooked mung beans (first I've heard of them)to boost my fiber and protein. I am thinking it's my age, 50, that's making this such a struggle.
  • nicolegal11
    Options
    How is your digestive health? I found that I wasn't able to lose weight until I adjusted the kind of calories I ate. Instead of making sure I was under or around 1200 calories a day I increased my fiber intake a lot. (I'm talking 500+ calories in raw fruits and vegetables every day) it's hard to get used to but it really helped regulate my bowl movements more than anything has ever done before. (sorry haha) I've only lost 12 pounds but I didn't have t
  • nicolegal11
    Options
    Sorry i accidentally posted too soon. I didn't have much too lose. Feel free to friend me if you want more support!
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Could you lower your goal to maybe one pound a week? You need a little flexibility in your daily calorie limits. It might seem counter-intuitive but I think you need a little more food and a little more time. Your weight can fluctuate as much as five pounds in a single day, and that's not fat!

Your exercise sounds about perfect!
  • menavilaihong
    Options
    I also do the treadmil 5x 30-35. Mins...lost 5 lbs but now it's just a stand still..looking to loose 80 lbs a lil under 1500 calories..tons of veggies, fruit, and water. ..
  • namaste1987
    namaste1987 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    It's all so frustrating lol! Eat more, eat less, work out more, take it easy.... Arg so many rules!!! I am 5' 7.5" and 201.5 (when I weighed myself last week, now its' 202???) So my ultimate goal is around 150 but I would love to be around 170 or 180 by June 1st as we are going to Europe to meet my husbands family for the first time.
    I am going to be upping my cardio (boo) and going to start 30 Day Shred tomorrow as I know that it kicks my *kitten*. Hopefully I will be able to make it past day 5 this time!! Also, my fiber intake is pretty good! I take a Colon cleanser for detoxification as well as Benefiber, so I great in the bathroom department (sorry if that was TMI!)
    My hubby keeps saying that sometimes it take your body a while to realize what's going on and soon I will lose a bunch if I keep going, but time is something that I don't really have. I also have my High School Reunion in July as well and a family reunion in August!! If anyone is interested in doing 30 Day Shred with me and sharing the pain, Friend and Msg me and we can chat about how much we hate our muscles!