Recipe under 350 cal for dinner?

Options
I don't know what to make for dinner, not many ingredients in the house and has to be around 350 calories, any ideas?

Replies

• ahokay89
    ahokay89 Posts: 353
    Options
    What do you have?
  • F00LofaT00K
    F00LofaT00K Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Make whatever you want and eat a portion that is under 350 calories. This is what I do. I get to enjoy the foods that I like, I just eat less of them. It keeps me happy. :)
  • sumayyah73
    Options
    Thanks guys :) that last link is really good, it tells you how filling things are per calorie, so you get the most out of what you eat
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options

Ok I like this, but really... oranges and apples at the top? I'm a bit shocked.

Anyway, I'd go with 4oz of meat and a whole lot of veggies.
  • samflett
    Options
    If you have a 10x15 roaster, cook up 10 cups chopped broccoli, 6 cups baby spinach, and one red onion. Blend veggies with a 500g tub of 0% Greek yogurt, and mix with 2 500g tubs of 1% cottage cheese. Add pepper to taste. Blend 6 eggs in the blender and add to the mix. Put a layer of the green stuff in the roaster. Place 4 Catelli Smart lasagne noodles going long ways and 2 going across. Add another layer of the green stuff, and another layer of noodles. Add more green stuff and a third layer of noodles. Pour the rest of the green stuff on top. Place in oven and turn it on to 350. When it comes to 350, time it for 45 minutes. Divide into 12 portions when cooled. Freezes well. It's about 310 calories per serving.
  • sumayyah73
    sumayyah73 Posts: 22
    edited January 2015
    Options

Yeah, it is quite shocking haha
    I need to start eating like that, how would you cook the meat and veg? Grill or non stick pan?
  • sumayyah73
    Options
    samflett wrote: »
    If you have a 10x15 roaster, cook up 10 cups chopped broccoli, 6 cups baby spinach, and one red onion. Blend veggies with a 500g tub of 0% Greek yogurt, and mix with 2 500g tubs of 1% cottage cheese. Add pepper to taste. Blend 6 eggs in the blender and add to the mix. Put a layer of the green stuff in the roaster. Place 4 Catelli Smart lasagne noodles going long ways and 2 going across. Add another layer of the green stuff, and another layer of noodles. Add more green stuff and a third layer of noodles. Pour the rest of the green stuff on top. Place in oven and turn it on to 350. When it comes to 350, time it for 45 minutes. Divide into 12 portions when cooled. Freezes well. It's about 310 calories per serving.

That's really cool! A veggie lasagna!
  • sam_the_girl
    sam_the_girl Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    spaghetti squash with tomato sauce or if you have a veggie spiralizer I prefer making zucchini noodles which I saute and add 1/2 cup of garlic and herb tomato sauce (35 calories) per 1 zucchini spiralized (33 calories) then I have 3 turkey meatballs (75 calories) and maybe a little fat free feta on top or a side of 35 calorie bread made into garlic bread. Side of broccoli or some other veggie makes it a complete meal!
  • sam_the_girl
    sam_the_girl Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    or maybe a veggie chili? good for when you don't have too many ingredients but have at least a can of beans and diced tomatoes
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    sumayyah73 wrote: »

Yeah, it is quite shocking haha
    I need to start eating like that, how would you cook the meat and veg? Grill or non stick pan?

I have a George Foreman grill. Seriously the best thing I've bought in the last year. Heck it's what I'm having tonight - green beans and grilled pork chop with barbecue sauce. Not even 250 calories.

I second the spaghetti squash with sauce though - I made some meat sauce with ground turkey, onions, and a jar of pasta sauce and had some with spaghetti squash yesterday and it's just fantastic.

Do you know skinnytaste.com? Tons of great recipes there. I can have a big piece of her turkey meatloaf with some veggies and a huge amount of mashed cauliflower for less than 400 calories and it's very satisfying.
  • sumayyah73
    Options
    Ohhhhh that's cool!
  • bessb1
    bessb1 Posts: 3
    Options
    http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/chicken-korma

Made this yesterday and the entire family loved it - even my fussy kids
  • mrp56839
    mrp56839 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal pancakes with blueberry topping. 270cals, filling, and oh so good!
  • KelchUSMC
    KelchUSMC Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Boneless skinless chicken breast (about 10oz) with one cup of diced pineapple and half a cup sliced jalapeno grilled with the chicken. (Pineapple and lime juice to cook chicken) and half a cup of broccoli. I love it and it comes out to 348 calories on MFP.
  • Icandoityayme
    Icandoityayme Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I like when I have 4 oz grilled chicken, swiss cheese slice and a slice of ham (chicken cordon bleu), steamed broccoli or a baked potato with reduced fat sour cream. Always fills me up and tastes good. Not high in calories at all.
  • Terramadre
    Terramadre Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    samflett wrote: »

Gotta try this one. Sounds pretty yummy. Might toss in some sun-dried tomatoes. Maybe some grated carrots or some bell peppers. Love having make ahead foods ready for those times when time is short and I gotta run. Thanks!