One year, 100 lbs.

Replies

• Serendipity5215
    Serendipity5215 Posts: 190 Member
    You look healthy, happy & fantastic!! Congrats on your major accomplishment!! :)
  • 1DEF
    1DEF Posts: 45 Member
    That has got to make you super happy--to finally be under 200. A year of hard work and dedication
    and you look awesome.
  • ewhip17
    ewhip17 Posts: 515 Member
    So awesome - nice work!
  • nicv96x
    nicv96x Posts: 10
    That's amazing, keep it up!
  • thecarbmonster
    thecarbmonster Posts: 411 Member
    Ugh, so amazing. Not just the weight loss, but continuing on this journey for a whole year! And it's definitely paid off! Congrats :)
  • Rozydreams
    Rozydreams Posts: 29 Member
    Beautiful before and after! Congrats on your success!
  • redwoodkestrel
    redwoodkestrel Posts: 339 Member
    Thanks everyone! Glad I can provide a little inspiration after so many others on here have inspired me along this journey. <3
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    wow....what an accomplishment....you must feel so great! :D
  • cspurpdx
    cspurpdx Posts: 5 Member
    so inspirational!
  • bhdon
    bhdon Posts: 117 Member
    Wonderful! Congratulations!
  • Larzp
    Larzp Posts: 8 Member
    You look great my friend! Congratulations & glad to be on the journey with you!
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    You look like a completely different person! Congrats! You look fantastic!
  • PatinMich
    PatinMich Posts: 22 Member
    That is fantastic....that's my goal for this year....to lose 100 pounds! Only 10 down so far.
  • palwithme
    palwithme Posts: 860 Member
    You don't look like you weigh 199 - much less. Congrats on your hard work. Amazing transformation.
  • goyologo
    goyologo Posts: 138 Member
    (*) (*) (*) CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! (*) (*) (*)
    You are a true inspiration - thank you for sharing with us your amazing accomplishment - you should be very, very proud !
  • sachigirl1
    sachigirl1 Posts: 7 Member
    Congratulations! That's amazing! I've just started on my weight loss journey......hopefully, I
    can be as successful!
  • fat_beyonce
    fat_beyonce Posts: 133 Member
    amazing job, keep up the good work
  • kristarablue2
    kristarablue2 Posts: 386 Member
    So incredibly proud of you.... I need that strength
  • kss1231
    kss1231 Posts: 167 Member
    Nice job, you look great! Keep up the good work. :D
  • redwoodkestrel
    redwoodkestrel Posts: 339 Member
    Assuming you have a lot to lose (like me), losing 100 lbs in a year is totally do-able... I certainly don't think I'm a special case. And I did it without starving myself - I eat A LOT - and didn't eliminate any foods from my diet. But I also move a lot, which I had to work up to - I was very sedentary in the beginning, especially since most of my job consists of sitting at a desk.

I got a Fitbit in January 2014 and throughout the year went from getting about 3000 steps a day to now regularly getting over 20,000. I also started and completed the Zombies, Run C25k program and am now over halfway through Season 2 of their regular app. I try to go for a 5k run 2-3 times per week, and usually go for at least one long hike with lots of uphill on the weekend. In the summer I kayak a lot. I eat back anywhere from 25-100% of my exercise calories, depending on how hungry I am - I average about 50%.

My weight certainly had (and has) its ups and downs, and I occasionally took breaks from logging - usually when I was on a vacation. But I just made sure to hop back on the wagon when I was back to my normal routine. And I weigh myself once a week at the most - usually once every 2 weeks, just so I don't drive myself crazy with all the little fluctuations.

Forming good habits and sticking to routines/being consistent as much as possible have really been the basis of my weight loss - no big secrets! :D
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!