Girls! How much weight do you gain during your TOM

Options
I'm up 4lbs since last Thursday. I'm hoping it goes back down but I also haven't worked out since then and this weekend was not good food wise. I didn't eat a lot but when I ate it wasn't good food. I feel like I'm starting all over again :sad:

Replies

• Discoveri
    Discoveri Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I gain 2-3 lbs but it's gone by the time TOM ends. Don't worry about your gain. Put the scale away for the week and get back on track with your healthy eating and gym routine.
  • mdelcott
    mdelcott Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I started yesterday, and this morning I was up 3 pounds...it must be water, it must be water, it must be water!!!! LOL dont sweat it I KNOW I didnt gain 3 pounds of fat in 24 hours so.....
  • kellygerstle
    Options
    Its all mostly water weight- the bloated feeling you get? You retain more water.
  • Loulady
    Loulady Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    I somehow lose weight around TOM. I always have to remember not to get my hopes up, because it's just going to come back after a couple days.
  • Dhellia
    Dhellia Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    It's usually about 2lbs for me but it can be worse if I was bad and ate some high sodium foods during that time. Don't worry though, it happens to all of us!
  • jordanreddick
    jordanreddick Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I am usually about 3-5 lbs, but don't fret it's only water. That mixed with the appetite that comes along with TOM and the sodium I'm sure you ate with this weekend's festivities is adding to it. I didn't eat well yesterday either and was up 4 lbs this morning. Drink LOTS of water (I've already put down 8 cups just this morning) and it will come off and you will sweat it out in the gym. Don't be surprised if you sweat more than normal, it's your body getting rid of the excess you are holding onto, embrace it, I LOVE sweating!

P.S. To gain 4 lbs in 1 day, you would have had to eat 14,000 EXTRA calories on top of your 1200 or whatever you are set at, I doubt that or you would be in the hospital, lol
  • thinrunner
    thinrunner Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I gain anywhere from 4-6 lbs! I as well put the scale away and just go to the gym instead! I know it's just water weight but still somehow makes me work harder :)
  • noxie
    noxie Posts: 2
    Options
    around 2kg (4-5 lbs)... it goes away after 3-4 days, it's just water (bloating)
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    8 lbs monthly
  • miassecret
    Options
    I'm up 1.6 this morning having TOM just come today, usually I gain 2-4lbs throughout but it goes within the first 2 days of TOM being gone :) bloating ...
  • MummyKate85
    MummyKate85 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I can gain anything up to 5 or 6lbs :(
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    0lbs. My water weight isn't gained weight.
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    3-4lbs.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    I don't usually weigh in that time because it's quite inaccurate (water weight/bloat) but I have gone up by as much as 6lbs before. It's all gone by the time TOM ends.
  • miassecret
    Options
    Does anyone input their weight during TOM into my fitness pal? Because I'm confused wether or not to...
  • NoelFigart1
    NoelFigart1 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    I weigh every single day, but I sure as heck don't sweat that level of granularity. I look at trend. Which means that menstrual weight gains are smoothed out as junk data.
  • miassecret
    Options
    I weigh every single day, but I sure as heck don't sweat that level of granularity. I look at trend. Which means that menstrual weight gains are smoothed out as junk data.
    Thanks that really helps :) I was unsure about it, affaid it'd mess up my graph... :)
  • yourad0rk
    yourad0rk Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    If I gain weight at all during that time it tends to be 0.5kg (1.1lbs) or under. I often feel heavier though, and look more bloated which contributes to a huge knock on confidence and then the following of seeking out comfort in chocolate and the likes lol.
  • CaitlinMyers428
    CaitlinMyers428 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Anywhere between 3-5 pounds.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options

Right-on, babe! I weighed every day for a month and I found my weight spikes the day before and then drops 4-5 pounds over the next few days. So it all works out!