post pregnancy weight

Options
I gained about 5 KGS compare to my pre pregnancy weight and about 4 inches on my belly... I m breastfeeding and counting my calories through mfp and so far lost 3 pounds but my belly doesn't seem to go away.. What should I do???

Replies

• kramrn77
    kramrn77 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    How long post partum? It can take up to a year for your abdominals to return to normal. Pregnancy is a huge stressor for your body.
  • kashiaj870
    Options
    Currently its been two months since I deliver... Guess I ve a long journey kramrn77
  • kramrn77
    Options
    Yeah, two months isn't long at all- keep in mind that your body had nine months to adjust to the changes. Your uterus has barely just returned to normal size! In a month or two you can start adding core exercises to help tension return to your lower abs- they are more lax now because of all the stretching that they had to do.
  • kashiaj870
    Options
    Hmmm I do 30 min exercise on treadmill and have added 15 min lower ab crunches but gosh they r so hard dunno how those celeberities get back in shape so fast
  • pdwhitlock
    pdwhitlock Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I nursed my son for 13months. Our bfing relationship wrapped up in September and I began MFP in October. I don't know about you, but while I was bfing I was hungry CONSTANTLY. All the weight I took off during delivery, I packed bak on. After weening, my appetite decreased significantly and once my son got to sleeping through the night I was able to manage getting up earlier and exercising. I began counting calories then as well which I think was good timing while my appetite was still low. It's good you are becoming motivated in staying health but don't stress too much about the scale while you are nourishing your child. They say your body needs at least 500 calories more a day when you are nursing and that varies depending on child and mother according to my dr. Good luck! And remember you are making healthy decisions for your child!
  • kramrn77
    Options
    They get back into shape because they pay people to train and feed them! For the average person, that sort of quick comeback is unrealistic. Of course, I guess if I was paid that much money to look good I'd have bounced back too!
  • kashiaj870
    Options
    That's true if someone pay me for loosing weight and get in shape I guess I would do it too... But yeah I have heard u need 500 more calories to breastfeed! Its been 11 days since I m doing MFP but I m getting demotivated as time goes by..plus there r dinners and gathering s to meet the new baby and u end up going over the limit. How to stay consistent???
  • Papatoad194
    Papatoad194 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I cannot talk form experience, and take what I say with a grain of salt. I do have 3 daughters, half a score of sisters and thirteen nieces, nephews and grandchildren.

Day by day you make better choices. You need to keep up on your intake. Your stomach will return in time. It will not be over night. Nine months it went through some serious changes. You need that long if not a bit more. Keep on doing what you know to be right and whats healthy for you and your bambino. Lots of the Ladies here, have gone through it, lean on them, they will encourage you along with some awesome information and insight.
  • kramrn77
    Options
    500 extra calories is basically like a sandwhich and small side, so keep in mind it's not a free for all. But more importantly, enjoy the family gatherings! You did something amazing. You made a human being! Take some time to soak that in. The first year goes by so fast. I can't believe my little girl just turned three. I miss the baby year, so focus on enjoying it. :)

Over time you start figuring out how to change your diet. The first few weeks was just trying to learn to log everything and get used to measuring your food. I have been on MFP forever but am finally really using it- it will help you learn to portion your meals. Especially if you're like me and never bothered with portions before. Over time you will learn to adjust your intake- and even then you won't be perfect and don't try to be. I'm not!
  • kashiaj870
    Options
    That's pretty nice advice and encouraging too.. Through MFP I ve at least learnt to portion my meal and I m more concerned for my cholesterol now which is a few points above so I m watching saturated fats... I heard unsaturated fat and polyfats r good for u...