Would like some motivational friends!

Options
VanessaFitForLife
VanessaFitForLife Posts: 14
edited January 2015 in Motivation and Support
Hey everyone, I am recently getting back to healthy living (I found it really hard to get back to it after Christmas and a death in my family..) but would love some motivational friends to share tips, recipes and goals with! I am pretty much doing this alone and definitely need the motivation. My boyfriend is trying to join me but I am the one motivating him.. Haha. Thanks and happy healthy living to all! :)

Replies

• scottwheeler75
    scottwheeler75 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I would be happy to help! It is hard to eat right and get enough exercise when you are doing it with no support or others to help you be accountable.

I am trying to be better about tracking what I eat.

Let me know how I can help.

-Scott
  • VanessaFitForLife
    Options
    Thank you, it definitely is hard!
  • scottwheeler75
    scottwheeler75 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    No kidding! You definitely need to get your boyfriend on board and supporting you. It is a challenge when your significant other can not, or does not want to participate.

I'll send you a friend request. We can all use support. Do you have any specific goals you are working on?
  • livingh2os
    Options
    My advice is to track every single calorie. Be honest with your entries. Err on the side of caution. Exercise when you feel like throwing your goal out of the window (it curbs hunger and gets you through the spat). Pick a pair of pants you can't quite fit in yet and make your goal to get into those pants. Try them on once every 2 weeks and keep those calories down!
  • raematex
    Options
    Hey all! Feel free to add me. I could always use the extra motivation :blush:
  • FitGeekery
    FitGeekery Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Always happy to give and receive more support! Also you can never have too many tasty recipe options in my book (big foodie here). I have 75lbs to lose and a long windy road ahead, feel free to add me :)
  • howardge
    howardge Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I want to sign on, too! Looking for accountability buddies! I'm not really interested in weight-loss, just trying to reach at least 150 minutes of cardio a week!

Its so easy to put myself last! Trying to make my health a bigger priority in my life. Wanna be buddies?
  • VanessaFitForLife
    Options
    Great tips! Thanks!
    livingh2os wrote: »
    My advice is to track every single calorie. Be honest with your entries. Err on the side of caution. Exercise when you feel like throwing your goal out of the window (it curbs hunger and gets you through the spat). Pick a pair of pants you can't quite fit in yet and make your goal to get into those pants. Try them on once every 2 weeks and keep those calories down!

• VanessaFitForLife
    Options
    Sounds good! I am at a healthy weight myself (but higher end) so I want to lose a little more and mostly just eat healthy clean food and exercise more! Add me :)
    howardge wrote: »
    I want to sign on, too! Looking for accountability buddies! I'm not really interested in weight-loss, just trying to reach at least 150 minutes of cardio a week!

Its so easy to put myself last! Trying to make my health a bigger priority in my life. Wanna be buddies?

• amgjb
    amgjb Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hey Vanessa FR sent good luck