Let's Do This

Options
vanbib
vanbib Posts: 20 Member
Glad to be here. I'm on a mission like everyone else. I'm 44 years old and need to get back to my prime. Wanted to reach out and see if there is anyone like me that needs to be held accountable. :) I do better when I have support and someone to report to. I love My Fitness Pal because it helps me see everything I'm doing and what I need to improve. I've had challenges just like the rest of us and am motivated now more than ever. Not just from the New Year, but because I finally want to do get fit for myself. I'm looking forward to this year and all it has to offer. Let's do this!

Replies

• atypicalme
    atypicalme Posts: 25
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I think accountability is always a pretty big issue for me as well. I know what to do, and how to do it, and why, but actually doing it? There's always something more important, isn't there? I'm really working hard on changing that mindset and convincing myself that there is nothing more important than my health and well being.

Feel free to add me, and let's see if we can't keep each other on track!
  • vanbib
    Options
    Sounds great! Thank you for for reaching out. Love to keep in contact. I'm down 6lbs since the 1st and have a whole lot more to go. Lol. It's day by day and minute by minute. You are right about health and well being. I'm a cancer survivor, so I know this is important. What are you doing as far as a regiment is concerned? Thank you.
  • fijibaby72
    fijibaby72 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Reading your conversation I feel like you guys are writing exactly how I feel. I really want to try this year to get into the best shape of my life. Would love to be held accountable. I think that is a great idea.
  • vanbib
    Options
    Wonderful! Me too! Like I said, let's do this together! ;) I have 3 kids. Looks like you have 4?
  • fijibaby72
    fijibaby72 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yup 4 kids and I work full-time nights. I find it challenging to find the right time to eat. But I know I do better when I have good food around to choose from. Think i might go shopping tomorrow and stick my house with healthy choices. How old are your children?
  • debi1978
    debi1978 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    vanbib wrote: »
    Glad to be here. I'm on a mission like everyone else. I'm 44 years old and need to get back to my prime. Wanted to reach out and see if there is anyone like me that needs to be held accountable. :) I do better when I have support and someone to report to. I love My Fitness Pal because it helps me see everything I'm doing and what I need to improve. I've had challenges just like the rest of us and am motivated now more than ever. Not just from the New Year, but because I finally want to do get fit for myself. I'm looking forward to this year and all it has to offer. Let's do this!

• Momoftoddlers
    Momoftoddlers Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've used FP a couple times in past and it really does work! Makes you accountable for everything you eat. You realize all the grazing or larger amounts in your plate then you should. & motivates you to workout bc you want to enter in the activity against your intake of food. I'm officially back on starting today and want to work off all the holiday/winter food I've over consumed! And stay on a workout routine. Good luck girls!
  • jessicapm1
    jessicapm1 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Great add me
  • missy2492
    missy2492 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm 41 and want to lose weight as well! This is my 2nd time on MFP and I feel very motivated right now. Today is my 1st day again. :) feel free to add me.
  • vanbib
    Options
    Thank you Ladies! Just saw all your posts today. ;) How is it going so far? I'm down 6.4lbs as of today. I've been going for 23 days now.
  • BlondeButtercup127
    BlondeButtercup127 Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    vanbib wrote: »

I need accountability as well! One of the many reasons I love MFP!! Feel free to add me if you'd like. Either way, best of luck on your reaching your goals!!
    (*)
  • HeidiHirtle
    HeidiHirtle Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I'm 47 and need to get these extra 20lbs off of me, and I'd love to have more energy too, so it would be great to be on this mission with ya! :D
  • cstewver
    Options
    I am 49 am looking forward to losing 20lbs. You are so right. Accountability is very important. I find that it is easier to stick with my goals on the weekend, during the week is a whole other story. Best wishes to you on achieving your goal.
  • calyspencer
    calyspencer Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Ladies you sound like me. I'm 43 with 3 children. I've been up & down in weight but mostly up since marriage & the kids. Now it's time for me to commit 100% to losing this weight this year. It's a need not a want. My goal is to lose 60lbs. I'd love to have your support. :)
  • JenniferCarter2015
    JenniferCarter2015 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies 34 years and 4 kids I'm really motivated this time and excited to see the weight come off!! I always do better when I have support and people to be accountable :)
  • vanbib
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Glad to add you Ladies! You can do this! I'm here to support you. We are all in this together. I look forward to watching all of us "shrink". :)
  • vanbib
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Started a blog for myself...Follow me and I'll follow you....It's about support! Vanbib's Blog
    29399375.png
  • vv393
    vv393 Posts: 5
    Options
    I'd love to join this accountability thread as well!
  • texaswindsong
    texaswindsong Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm a 41 year old mom of two small children. I just started mfp and would love to have some friends. I need to lose about 40-45 pounds. Friend me!