Best/favorite yogurt brands?

Options
Grocery shopping in the morning and need some yogurts! I normally get the Great Value brand but I'm not going to Walmart tomorrow so... (it's because I'm walking! the nearest one is Publix)

And I'm not really into Greek yogurt, but I'm getting at least one, and I heard Chobani is good? As for regular yogurt I heard Yoplait and Dannon are good ones. Any one have any favorite yogurts?

Replies

• dragonbug300
    dragonbug300 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    Chobani is good, Oikos is better, and Fage is best. From there the greek yogurts get more expensive (and decadent): siggi's, Greek Gods, etc.
    Dannon also makes a Greek Yogurt, but I find it tastes a bit sour and lacks the fluffy texture.

I'm allergic to regular yogurt, so I wouldn't know about those. If you're ever up for trying something new, though, Dannon also makes soy yogurt and coconut-milk yogurt ^_^
  • tara4487
    tara4487 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    dannon greek yogurt is good
  • Rubie81
    Rubie81 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of the coconut milk yogurt, sounds yummy.
    I eat Chobani Greek Yogurt and I also really like the StonyField Organic Fat Free French Vanilla Yogurt, it makes me feel like I'm indulging in pudding or ice cream.
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Im a Yoplait girl..all the way..its like a little dessert in a cup 100 calories of pure heaven haha.. I dont like the texture of Dannon
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    chobani greek
  • misschoy
    misschoy Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    chobani :)
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    I get the Dannon greek yogurt, add 1/4 dry oats, 1/4 blueberries, and a packet or two of splenda and it tastes great! It reminds me of sour cream (and can actually be used as a substitute for sour cream), so the splenda sweetens it up without adding any calories and the blueberries and oats give it some texture. Dannon makes flavored ones, but I just get the plain because it has the least amount of calories and a ton of protein!
  • daisy89
    daisy89 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I love Stony field yogurt too. Peach and blueberry are my personal favorites, and they're really healthy.
  • Nigel99
    Nigel99 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I was never a yogurt person before, but I'm eating a lot of it now. For regular yogurt, I've become attached to the Danon Light & Fit yogurts. Lots of different flavors that are pretty good. Since I'm in maintenance mode, I'm looking to add calories more than cut them, so I usually mix in a half cup of cereal with the yogurt. I like the crunchy texture mixed with the creaminess, too.

As for Greek yogurts, I don't care for them all that much, but I eat them here and there. Always mix in some cereal (Kashi's Go Lean fiber, twigs, and puffs have 13g of protein, and mix well with the yogurt), and that makes it more palatable fo rme. Chobani is definitely my go-to brand when it comes to the greek stuff.
  • trixylewis
    trixylewis Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    chobani pineapple is my current fave
  • allroundthesun
    Options
    Astro Original Balkan Style! Soooooo delicious. The strawberry, raspberry, vanilla (my favourite) and peach are all great (I haven't tried blueberry or cappuccino, so not sure about those flavours). The individual cups are 175 g and 180 cals. I find they have about exactly the right amount of yogurt for me to feel full/satisfied. Love love love.
  • scubacat
    scubacat Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I recently purchased Chobani champions honey-nana and it has been my favorite so far. Just yesterday I took a closer look at the packaging and realized it is greek yogurt intended for children :) Its my favorite 100 calorie snack
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    Fage or my own yogurt made from raw milk and a starter of Fage.............................
  • cyntia
    cyntia Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    activia strawberry
    yo plait strawberry
    stonyfield strawberry

lol as you can see anything strawberry but not all brands the same though
  • nokittyno
    nokittyno Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I buy Activia Vanilla Low Fat, and mix it with about 1/8 - 1/4C of Fresh Blueberries, and 1/8C of Rasberries - say like 7, lol - a slice of a banana(literally.. I cut a slice off one everyday and ziplock then saran it) and top it off with a small handful of Natures Hemp Granola and it's delicious.
  • BryanAir
    BryanAir Posts: 434
    Options
    I think it is only available in the western U.S., but my favorite is Zoi. It is less than $2.50 per quart at Winco.
  • atomiclauren
    atomiclauren Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Brown Cow and YoGreek (there's a separate compartment with granola to mix in) - also Dannon all natural coffee (it has a really short ingredient list).
  • kamyers89
    kamyers89 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I am ADDICTED to chobani, and quickly becoming addicted to fage:) sooooooooooo good. and so much protein! and no fat! as i said-- addicted.
  • GypsyWagon
    GypsyWagon Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Fage 2% is my favorite...yum!
  • Thexplodingirl
    Options
    I'm not a huge fan of greek yogurt, but I am a huge fan of the yoplait/fiber one vanilla yogurt, and of course slim 50. Perfect for the freezer!