Phase 5 and...

Options
I'm sure a lot of you have read the extremely insightful post by Banks about our expectations for weight loss (http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/9433-expectations). I am firmly entrenched in Phase 5. I have about 15 pounds left. And I just don't CARE anymore.

I have stayed with my food plan for the most part, although I've let myself eat at maintenance a few times. But I haven't gone to the gym in, honestly, 6 weeks. Granted, I'm pretty stressed out my life right now, but that's not a valid excuse. No matter what I try, I can't seem to recommit myself to losing the last 15. I haven't lost anything in a month. Normally this would depress the hell out of me. It does make me a little upset, but I know what I'm not doing, and I know what I need to do. I just can't do it!

Is there anyone else out there who has gone through something similar? Please send love/a kick in the pants!

Replies

• eyescatchfire
    eyescatchfire Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I'm sure a lot of you have read the extremely insightful post by Banks about our expectations for weight loss (http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/9433-expectations). I am firmly entrenched in Phase 5. I have about 15 pounds left. And I just don't CARE anymore.

I have stayed with my food plan for the most part, although I've let myself eat at maintenance a few times. But I haven't gone to the gym in, honestly, 6 weeks. Granted, I'm pretty stressed out my life right now, but that's not a valid excuse. No matter what I try, I can't seem to recommit myself to losing the last 15. I haven't lost anything in a month. Normally this would depress the hell out of me. It does make me a little upset, but I know what I'm not doing, and I know what I need to do. I just can't do it!

Is there anyone else out there who has gone through something similar? Please send love/a kick in the pants!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I am in a similar spot. I am within 20 pounds of goal weight and have come to a screeching halt in weight loss. I did kick myself in the pants last week and get back on tracking all my food. I also added more exercise to my day.

THe way I am getting through this is to think about my HEALTH. Getting your exercise is not to lose weight as much as it is to keep your bones strong, build muscle so you can lift that 20 pound bag of dogfood, move the blood through your arteries so they swish away the cholesteral.

Losing weight is something 'extra' for me. A bonus if you will.

Can you try to think of exercise 3 times a week for 30 minutes? That isnt that hard really, and you will likely find yourself doing more once you force yourself to get back.

Good luck to ya:flowerforyou: