Trying to stay calm

Options
Good morning guys

Im on my first full week of eating back somw of my excercise cals - Ive been struggling 10 get under 11.5 since xmas and today - yes i am 11.5 still.

Im really pushing myself with excercise - in the last week I have had two PT sessions - i have another this morning, ive run 5km, done a body attack class and a body combat class as well as endless miles walking.

I do hope it starts to move soon - im trying not to return to my old eating habits of eating only 1200 regardless of what trainng i do.

xxx

Replies

• sunshine79
    sunshine79 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    You sound just like me. I've been trying to lose a stone forever. I achieved it last year and managed to get down to 10stone & a UK size 10 for the first time ever in my adult life! Sadly a medical condition caused me to gain most of it back. I'm now 10st 9 and have been stuck since about February.

Like you, I know I"m never going to be 'skinny' neither do I want to be BUT when I got down to 10stone last year I felt so good and I want to feel like that again. When I did it last year I had a personal trainer so I hired him again and I am improving strength and fitness wise and I'm trying to focus on inch loss rather than 'weight' loss.

I'm now eating every 3hrs to keep my metabolism going but it's so difficult to eat so often.:frown: :frown: :frown:

That said I know that we can do it - I did it last year so we can do it now. Lets stay focused and motivated and focus on our fitness and I'm certain the inches/weight WILL come off. Feel free to friend me. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • smiler1978
    smiler1978 Posts: 28
    Options
    Thanks for the reply

You could be me lo!

I too got down to 10.4 - i loved it - I am now using a personal trainer and hppe for inchloss - im working real hard

Ive tried eating all of my excercise cals and feel like its too much

I will stick at it!! xxx
  • LeeKetty1176
    LeeKetty1176 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Eating the EX cals back is the hardest thing to do ! keep with it..... but try mixing up your foods and the type of training you are doing.

There is no one size fits all to the secret of unlocking the weight lose thing. some of my friends on here eat all EX cals back.some are trying to reduce the amount they eat back each week (3/4 or 1/2 or 1/4) to find what works for them.

KEEP AT IT !

you will find the key to unlock soon I am sure !
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    try not eating back. you are probably eating to much if you workout that much.

too much cardio will lower your BMR as you lose weight. so you stall. thats why you should never auto limit to 1200 (its a myth and bunch of bunk). you need to lower from your BMR and go down as you lose weight. it gives you wiggle room. instead of just jumping right to 1200, now you're stuck. why eat back all those calories you've just burned with all that exercise? you are only sabatoging yourself. why workout THAT much, to burn that much calories when you just eat them back? makes no sense.

instead of doing all that cardio..switch or add some weight training. that will really boost your metabolism.
    i posted an article FROM the journal of nutrition earlier that addresses this very thing. cardio=lowered BMR, weights=increased BMR
  • AlwaysWanderer
    AlwaysWanderer Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    try not eating back. you are probably eating to much if you workout that much.

too much cardio will lower your BMR as you lose weight. so you stall. thats why you should never auto limit to 1200 (its a myth and bunch of bunk). you need to lower from your BMR and go down as you lose weight. it gives you wiggle room. instead of just jumping right to 1200, now you're stuck. why eat back all those calories you've just burned with all that exercise? you are only sabatoging yourself. why workout THAT much, to burn that much calories when you just eat them back? makes no sense.

instead of doing all that cardio..switch or add some weight training. that will really boost your metabolism.
    i posted an article FROM the journal of nutrition earlier that addresses this very thing. cardio=lowered BMR, weights=increased BMR
    So there is hundred of people on here that will tell you to eat your calories back or you'll go into starvation mode, and there's you saying it's all a lie? confused.com
  • busa_girl
    busa_girl Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    its about listening to your body ... if your hungry you should eat, if your satisfied why force yourself. stay in tuned with what your body is asking for keeping in mind that at times it will crave sometimes due to a change. its a balance thing and everyone will work differently.

as a trainer and a food coach, it is necessary to modfy your diet to accomodate the training you do for the outcome you want, however it is important to look at where your calories are coming from that goes to make up what you are adding in to suppliment the exercise, however, i also agree, it is pointless to eat ALL that calories you burned as isnt burning the calories what you are wanting to do to lose weight? calories in vs calories out?

yes, weights training is proven to increase your BMR as opposed to cardio as a body with more muscle mass will be a furnace for calories however a good balance between the two is important too.

please also remember, too much exersise isnt good for you either ... believe it or not, but it is when you rest after a weight training session that you build the muscle in the bodies way of repairing rather than going into the gym every day. interesting huh? it is known that if you are too active, your body has no time to repair and recover and therefore wont improve, get stronger and burn calories more efficiently ... food for thought :)