Are you eating real food and losing weight?

Options
asilva66
asilva66 Posts: 19 Member
edited January 2015 in Introduce Yourself
Hi,
I'm a woman in late 40's and would love some mutual support for weight loss! Please add me if you're working out and losing weight eating real food every day. Although there is nothing wrong with protein shakes, its just not for me. I need to eat and chew real food. If not, I end up eating even more calories than I should because my brain is telling me I haven't eaten! I know its possible and many are out there doing it! Please feel free to add me if you're in the same boat! Thanks!

PS, HARNG Y
R F[code][code]D D[i]ARY [i][s] HE[url=""]PF[url=""]!
[/url][/url][/s][/i][/i]
[/code][/code][/i][/s]

Replies

• asilva66
    Options
    asilva66 wrote: »
    Hi,
    I'm a woman in late 40's and would love some mutual support for weight loss! Please add me if you're working out and losing weight eating real food every day. Although there is nothing wrong with protein shakes, its just not for me. I need to eat and chew real food. If not, I end up eating even more calories than I should because my brain is telling me I haven't eaten! I know its possible and many are out there doing it! Please feel free to add me if you're in the same boat! Thanks!

• epido
    epido Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I guess my question would be, what do you mean by "real food"? I don't cut anything completely out of my diet, although there are foods I have chosen to eat very rarely for different reasons. I do the occasional protein shake, but most often eat meals I've prepared.

52347977.png
  • PBWaffleCakes
    PBWaffleCakes Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    I eat real food everyday. Even though when I am running late to work a protein shake sounds like a good idea. I would miss my actual breakfast though!
  • asilva66
    Options
    By real food, I mean full breakfast, lunch, dinner and typically 2 snacks. I know some people are having great success drinking protein shakes and that's fine for them but I prefer to eat fresh foods I prepare myself. I have herbalife on hand that I use as an emergency meal when I don't have time to make something, but that's rare & do not want to use it daily for weight loss. I'm also hypoglycemic and can't skip meals or I get really shaky! Hope that makes sense!
  • kittykatty1975
    kittykatty1975 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi, I tried to add you but can't seem to lol. I would like to buddy up with u and we can help each other ? X
  • luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    Options
    asilva66 wrote: »
    By real food, I mean full breakfast, lunch, dinner and typically 2 snacks. I know some people are having great success drinking protein shakes and that's fine for them but I prefer to eat fresh foods I prepare myself. I have herbalife on hand that I use as an emergency meal when I don't have time to make something, but that's rare & do not want to use it daily for weight loss. I'm also hypoglycemic and can't skip meals or I get really shaky! Hope that makes sense!

I'm a woman in my mid-60's and I eat both "real food" and protein shakes,about 6 times a day. My diary is open if you want to look at it. I workout 5 mornings a week, very early, so I can be home to work by 7, and a shake is the best way for me to fuel my early workout.

I consume about 1700 calories a day and have lost almost 60 lbs with about 12 or 13 to go.

On my big workout days I drink a casein protein shake before bed, if it fits into my calorie goal, to both sleep better, and fuel the next morning's workout!

Good luck with your goals!!
  • ninayoungdog617
    ninayoungdog617 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm 55 and I eat real food. I call it clean eating but the definition varies depending on who you ask. What I do is whole foods, lean protein and whole grains. NOTHING PREPACKAGED. I eat beef, fish, pork and chicken. I eat tons of fresh veggies, fruit and reduced fat cheeses. Healthy fats...olive oil, avocado and nuts. I also enjoy a little wine, preferably red. Water, hot tea; black, green and herbal. When I go out to eat I find it hard because everything tastes salty.
  • thecraftinista
    thecraftinista Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Feel free to check out my diary. I've lost 18lbs in the short time I've been trying and I'm still eating full balanced meals. I still have snacks all day long but the portions I eat at meals aren't as huge as they used to be or I'm not going back for seconds.
  • LovingLifeInCalifornia
    LovingLifeInCalifornia Posts: 9,362 Member
    Options
    I'm in my 40s and I eat real food, trying to avoid all processed stuff.

Sometimes I'll make a smoothie...but it isnt to substitute a meal and it only includes fruits, vegetables, and almond milk.

Pretty sure my diary is open if you want to take a look. Or feel free to friend request me.
  • scooberooni
    scooberooni Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I just joined about a week ago (tomorrow is my first weigh in). I definitely eat real foods and cook most everything from
    scratch. Looking over my food for the week, I could definitely use some help. I haven't hit my goals on certain nutrients and evidently eat too much fat even without desserts. I also have hypoglycemia as well as low blood pressure. Lots of fun taking a seat in middle of karate class so I don't pass out. I'd love someone to share recipes with and get some support from. Feel free to friend me if you like. :smile:
  • anarchysbitch
    anarchysbitch Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I only eat real food, still have things like spaghetti bolognaise and proper milk etc etc. The difference is that I make sure i know what is going into my body and i portion control everything. Dieting in my opinion is not a sustainable future, don't stop eating foods that you love or you will end up so crazy and binge, just fit them into your alloted calorie allowance for the day. I personally feel if I was to do a shake or meal replacement diet that I would lose alot of weight quickly but at soon as I started eating whole foods again would gain it all back and then some. It's about making better choices :)
  • asilva66
    Options
    Sorry, I ended up with 2 threads here. Thank you all for your replies! I didn't realize "real food" was touchy! I eat it all, fresh, sometimes packaged (boo) and a lot of home made meals. I'm just not a big fan of shakes unless its a dessert! :) If they work for you, that's awesome! I've requested a bunch of you and if I missed you, feel free to add me. Thank you!