possesed woman

Options
Last nite i was like a woman possesed. I was doing really well and had my tea and then it got to 90clock aand I just went mad!!! I couldnt stop. I was in complete eating mode. I didnt even taste the food i just shovelled it in!!!!!! I wasnt even hungry. Plus i have been struggling with constipation and im on Time of month arhhhh . I no im moaning but any advice? xx:flowerforyou:

Replies

• sunshine79
    sunshine79 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Try not to be too hard on yourself. When TOM is here I always have these urges but I find that if you're consistent for the rest of the time it shouldn't affect your weight loss too much. Try to allow yourself the foods you crave for at this time of the month (within reason) but just try to make sure you don't go over your maintenance calories. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • floatingcloud
    Options
    Hi :) I have pretty much just signed up on here. I read your post and I can identify with that!! Its insane and so gutting when that happens. The best thing I have found is ice blocks. Have a pack of 10 lemonade ice blocks in the freezer and when you feel like you have to have something have one and then two and then three and so on. I normally only get to 3 or 4 and I feel better and have managed to stave off a binge session! It helps me at least. I hope that it might help you. Sometimes when I have exercised heaps and stuck really well to eating well I get a sudden urge to eat and eat. I rekon its the bodies way of getting stocked up cos its expecting more exercise so it wants to have stores.... maybe! I dont know but dont let it knock you off track. One binge is one binge letting it go on and on and on is off track. Consitpation - drink warm water and there is meant to be a massage you can do on your tummy area to help move it along - google it (my sister needed me to look up some info for my baby niece and I came across a clip on youtube which was about that). Time of the month - can totally identify with that one it can knock me off track a whole week before I even get it!! I found a few years ago that stretching helps. Even if you are having bad cramps instead of curling up (which is instinctive I know) stretch out as long as you can (its hard if you have bad cramps but does seem to work).

You dont come across as moaning - you are just being human and honest :)
  • gonnabeskinny2011
    Options
    Try not to be too hard on yourself. When TOM is here I always have these urges but I find that if you're consistent for the rest of the time it shouldn't affect your weight loss too much. Try to allow yourself the foods you crave for at this time of the month (within reason) but just try to make sure you don't go over your maintenance calories. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Totally agree, my worst time is as i'm due on..............sometimes you just gotta do what your body wants too!!!!
  • DebiP10
    DebiP10 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    hahahaha i am glad im not the only one. suffering exactly the same as you hun, tom due, feeling low, fat and bloated, also been constipated for 3 days so went on a hobnob binge last night after tea, like yourself, i wasnt even hungry i just HAD to have them!!!
  • littlelol
    littlelol Posts: 539
    Options
    AHH thanku everybody. Feel tons tons better. Today is another day xx
  • EmmaShorter
    EmmaShorter Posts: 298
    Options
    TOM for me too. It is hard when you crave all the bad stuff. Try to keep yourself full on the good stuff that way it is a little harder to resist. I can always eat my body weight in crap it feels like at this time but i have found if i am full i don't really want the stuff anymore! Exercising always helps to give you some more calories to play with too. Lol.
  • missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    don't buy the junk food, then if u haven't got it u can't eat it :smile: