•1 Small Aubergine
•1 Medium Courgette
•1 Medium Yellow Pepper
•1 Medium Onion

•8 7" Tortillas
•170g Pot Low Fat Salsa
•50g Low Fat Sour Cream
Method
1.In a large bowl mix ½ tbsp olive oil, lemon juice, crushed garlic and chilli powder together.
2.Cut the turkey breast into thins strips 1½cm (¾") wide. Add to the bowl and stir until all sides are coated. Set aside in the refrigerator to marinate.
3.Meanwhile, top and tail the aubergine and courgette; de-seed the pepper; halve and peel the onion - cut all vegetables into thin strips 1cm (½") wide.
4.Preheat oven to 190oC and pre-warm 2 oven-proof dishes.
5.Heat a wok over a hot heat. Add ½ tbsp oil and, when smoking, add the vegetables (with great care!) Stir fry for 5 minutes, or until vegetables soften and turn brown around edges. Remove from wok to oven-proof dish and pop in oven to keep warm.
6.Place the tortillas onto a plate and cover with clingfilm (ready to microwave at last minute). Alternatively, wrap in foil and place in the oven.
7.Heat the remaining ½ tbsp olive in the wok, add the turkey and stir fry for 3-4 minutes (or until browned on the outside and white on the inside). Once cooked remove from wok to remaining oven-proof dish.
8.Heat the tortillas in the microwave for 1 minute (or remove pre-warmed tortillas from oven)
9.These fajitas are best served ready to wrap - with each person taking an eighth of the vegetables, an eighth of the turkey, a large teaspoon of salsa and small teaspoon of sour cream per tortilla. (NB: 2 tortillas each!)
Vegetarian Option Make this dish without the turkey for a tasty vegetarian alternative. Simply prepare the vegetables as above and toss them in the chilli/lemon juice/garlic/oil mixture to coat. Stir fry and serve as above.
Equally Delicious Cold! These fajitas are equally delicious cold. Pop and remaining turkey, vegetables, etc into the refrigerator and assemble as above for a tasty sandwich alternative!

Replies

• tamheath
    tamheath Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure that looks very good! Now if only I knew what aubergine and courgettes are! :laugh:
  • mirenner
    mirenner Posts: 205
    Options
    she must be british...

they are cucumbers and zuccini to us Yanks
  • shish61
    Options
    tamheath wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure that looks very good! Now if only I knew what aubergine and courgettes are! :laugh:

Ha ha yes language barrier. Aubergine is egg plant to you and courgettes are zucchini!
  • shish61
    Options
    mirenner wrote: »
    she must be british...

they are cucumbers and zuccini to us Yanks

No egg plant is aubergine to us Brits!