23lbs down!

Options
mlcantwell
mlcantwell Posts: 243 Member
I started myfitnesspal at ~193lb, and after relatively slow and steady loss I am at ~170lbs. It's mostly been down to diet, although I did run my first 5k last year, I'm also a fan of zumba and swimming. I am still trying to improve myself, and I would like to take up strength training in the future, but I am proud of my loss!
I always love looking at the inspirational photos, so I thought I should make one. I didn't take a photo at my heaviest in 2012 but I did find a couple from later on...

The before photo is from April 2013 and the after is January 2015. :smiley:
j91lx2bj56u4.jpg

Replies

• palwithme
    palwithme Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting! I am 193 right now (after a high of 228) and one big milestone is 170. You look awesome! A real inspiration for me.
  • ErinK09
    ErinK09 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! :D
  • queenrosiee
    Options
    wow! you've done so amazingly omg
  • mlcantwell
    mlcantwell Posts: 243 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Thank you ladies! You all inspire me as well! I hope to update with progress within the year. New goal is 164lbs, which will drop me out of the overweight bmi, and to put on more muscle with body weight training/possibly lifting.

By the way I'm 26 and 5'8", if anyone want to compare their stats.
  • wmugrad01
    wmugrad01 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You look great, congratulations
  • carmatiz
    carmatiz Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Awesome
  • MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    A nice difference lass :-)
  • liltarn
    liltarn Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Awesome progress. Well done
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    You are great. Keep doing what is working for you. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!