Anybody here know about massage? Need some info

Options
kaotik26
kaotik26 Posts: 590 Member
I have been sick for weeks, ugh :s . This past Tuesday I had an opportunity for a Swedish massage so I grabbed it thinking it might make me feel better. The massage itself felt amazing but the next morning I woke up with some pain in my shoulder, as I was trying to stretch it my neck had a spasm and it was suddenly like I had whiplash. It still hurts now, 4 days later. Is this normal or should I see my doc about this? I have never been in pain after a massage.

Replies

• determined_ella
    determined_ella Posts: 4,354 Member
    Options
    it may be that when she's massaged your muscles, they have relaxed , then when you have been asleep you may have pulled something... I have had that once after a massage... it lasted 5 days then wore off. but shoulder pain should always be taken seriously especially if you have chest pain? ... just to be safe I'd get it checked. probably is a pulled muscle. I woke up 3 days ago pain in my shoulder and I'm still struggling to move it properly :/ so drs it is for me too lol x
  • kaotik26
    kaotik26 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    No chest pain, it's better as long as I'm moving. Somebody said it could have been a very huge amount of toxins that was released from my muscles there too. I'm going to the Doc on Tuesday for the cough anyway so if it's still hurting I'll ask about it.