Avocados / Alligator pears

Options
Are they really that high in calories.. It says 200 for a small one.. I know they're full of good fats, but is it good or bad to have them for breakfast? They keep me full for ages, so I often have one on toast with balsamic. Any advice gratefully received!

Replies

• TheGoktor
    TheGoktor Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    I never shy away from avocados! As long as you log them, I don't see why you shouldn't have them. You're much more likely to stay on track by having foods you really enjoy than if you deny yourself! :smile:

*Note to self*: Try on toast with balsamic!

ETA: Also, when you log them, make sure you weigh out the flesh only, and find the database entry for flesh, not the whole avocado. Flesh is 120 cals for 75g, which I don't consider outrageously high. :bigsmile:

Enjoy what you eat - we all have to have food, so there's no point in not loving what you put in your mouth...if you'll pardon the expression!
  • coderchris
    coderchris Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    love love love avocados the good outweighs the bad. I make guacamole with some fresh salsa from the store, garlic powder and onion powder. I spread it on a turkey sandwich. It is wonderful.
  • 15off
    15off Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I love them too..but I have to pay VERY close attention to how much of a whole fruit I eat. Its easy to eat an entire avocado in a day, and thats the same amount of calories as in a meal! I like to mash them up and mix them with a small baked sweet potato with some "Bragg's" aminos...makes an incredible savory breakfast..loaded with fiber and nutrients (and tastes great!)
  • trottola
    trottola Posts: 14
    Options
    Thanks.. breakfast minus guilt.. I like it!