Hey! What do you guys eat for meals?

Options
I am trying to start eating healthy and working out, but I need some good healthy food ideas! Feel free to add me!

Replies

• Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Glad you're here :) What foods do you enjoy eating now?
  • katiemohr1230
    katiemohr1230 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I love all kinds of food, except seafood! I just need suggestions, I have been staying under my suggested calorie intake, but that doesn't mean I am eating healthy! Haha
  • diegops1
    diegops1 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I don't really eat meals unless I am at a restaurant (once or twice a week). I eat snacks every couple hours, some larger and some smaller. My favorites are Bob's Red Mill whole grain or high fiber cereals in the morning, hard boiled eggs, Genova Tonno (tuna) in olive oil (excellent!), salmon, lots of big (2-4 cups) salads with 7 or 8 leafy vegetables, red cabbage, raw broccoli, carrots, almonds, walnuts, lots of different kinds of beans (home cooked, not canned), lentils, barley, split pea soup (just peas, no meat or cream), a variety of fresh fruit. When I get home from work I often have a couple tostadas made with Charro shells, vegetarian refried beans, onions and green peppers. I drink 6 to 10 cups of tea and water. I also semi-fast once a week, a can of tuna and a small handful of nuts about 4pm to let my body know I am not trying to starve it. My weakness is candy and soda pop, so I keep none in the house or office and try to avoid those aisles in the stores. If I have an irresistible urge to stop at a convenience store I try to make sure that it is one that has carbonated water with lemon or lime so that I can force myself into that aisle instead of the one with the candy or coke machine.
  • diegops1
    diegops1 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    BTW, when I fix a salad I use vinegar and olive oil with some rosemary and thyme for dressing, not anything store bought, or I just skip dressing entirely. You can run up a couple hundred calories of junk fat very easily with even "Lite" store bought dressings.
  • diggybiggs543
    Options
    Make sure you start the day with a good breakfast. Good whole grain cereal with a fruit and some eggs I like. Buy lean meats for your protein like sirloin beef and skinless chicken breasts. The cubed frozen bags of chicken work good for salads just warm up in the microwave. But spinach and baby kale for your salads to get something out of them. The lite balsic salad dressings are low calorie. Wild rice and beans are always good. I like buying the steamable bags of vegetable just throw in the microwave for five min and they're done. Good snacks are a string cheese, peanut butter toast, and I always make a fruit smoothie in the evening and add protein if I didn't get enough for the day. I'll add u