cheat meal recoverment?!!

Options
All week, I've eaten clean and today I worked cardio for a couple hours. I went to eat sushi.(California Sushi Roll & Rainbow sushi roll) with a yummy desert(cheesecake). How do I recover from a bit cheat meal? Do I lessen my calorie intake for the next day? Your advice is much appreciated. Thank you.❤️

Replies

• Camo_xxx
    Camo_xxx Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    A good poop will fix you right up
  • MakePeasNotWar
    MakePeasNotWar Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Unless you went way over your calorie goal, I wouldn't do anything special to "recover". There is nothing wrong with having a dessert once in a while; in fact most people find it helps them stick with their changes in the long run to add small indulgences along the way.

Even if you did go over your calories, I would not recommend reducing more than 100 calories a day for two or three days (if at all), because you want to make sure you are getting all of your essential nutrients, and severe restriction can lead to feelings of deprivation and possibly increase your risk of overeating.

Bottom line, I probably wouldn't change anything. You had one dessert. Hopefully you enjoyed it. Now continue with your plan. No worries.
  • rwethington654
    rwethington654 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about trying to exercise it off or restrict calories just for a little indulgence. Mostly, just drink lots of water! But it would be good to exercise as normal, and instead of restricting cals, focus more on quality food...eat nutritionally, high protein, fiber, etc
  • JossFit
    JossFit Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Unless you went way over your calorie goal, I wouldn't do anything special to "recover". There is nothing wrong with having a dessert once in a while; in fact most people find it helps them stick with their changes in the long run to add small indulgences along the way.

Even if you did go over your calories, I would not recommend reducing more than 100 calories a day for two or three days (if at all), because you want to make sure you are getting all of your essential nutrients, and severe restriction can lead to feelings of deprivation and possibly increase your risk of overeating.

Nailed it.
    The guilt you are experiencing over just LIVING YOUR LIFE and enjoying some cheesecake is doing more damage than the meal itself did.
    Just move on from it and resume life as normal.
  • RockstarWilson
    RockstarWilson Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Recoverment is not a word. Recovery is a word.

So you ate some cheesecake one night. Screw it all and you failed!! You cannot recover, and you should starve the next day for it!

I say that sarcastically, of course. It is just one night, and it doesnt matter that much. Just have a good Sunday.
  • rejectuf
    rejectuf Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Agree with everyone else on the "don't worry about it" sentiment.

If you really, really have to atone for your sin, just take however much you went over on your daily goal for that one day, then go under by that amount another day. Or spread it out over a few.

Or, again, don't worry about it.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    LOL .

this is why happens when you view foods as clean/dirty/bad/good…you get bent out of shape over some sushi and a slice of cheesecake…

OP - I would suggest ditching the clean eating mentality and find a way to enjoy the foods that you like on a daily basis…that way you won't go into defcon four about some sushi and cheesecake…

• Tech51
    Tech51 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    LOL .

OP - I would suggest ditching the clean eating mentality and find a way to enjoy the foods that you like on a daily basis…that way you won't go into defcon four about some sushi and cheesecake…

So true -- just continue to eat healthy and find a way to mix in foods you enjoy. The hard part is finding that balance. I agree w/ the advice you've gotten above -- don't beat yourself up about it, just get back on w/ your healthy eating/exercising and eat what you enjoy
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    LOL .

this is why happens when you view foods as clean/dirty/bad/good…you get bent out of shape over some sushi and a slice of cheesecake…

Agreed.